+ Follow This Topic

Thread: notes

notes

hey ladies, I have a question. What would be your reaction to an anonymous note for you, saying something like you look beautiful or something like that. Would it be taken just as a nice compliment or would you really try to find out who it came from?

Are you stalking someone?
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For around three months, I got anonymous roses stuck in the handle of my car door. I was kind of scared, to be honest.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Creepy. Plus I have no respect for a man who doesnt have the balls to say it to my face.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Don't do that, it's kinda creepy. I had a girl do that to me...she was stalking me and was f'in nuts. Oh ya might I add she was a redhead...that's two redheads in my life that have turned out to be insane. One of them my ex.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Don't do that, it's kinda creepy. I had a girl do that to me...she was stalking me and was f'in nuts. Oh ya might I add she was a redhead...that's two redheads in my life that have turned out to be insane. One of them my ex.
    haha. crazy redheads.

anyway Id take it as a compliment, I wouldnt try to find out who it came from because eventually theyd end up approaching me. Im not against doing it but many girls are creeped out by it -_- I dont advise doing it more than once with the same girl. my romanian friend came here and liked a girl he worked with so he found her address on the computer there and left a gift at her door. She called the cops on him. He was completely baffled how "american girls" act.

man, the thought of it being so creepy or stalkerish didn't even cross my mind. I guess that proves I have no idea what goes on in a girl's head

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's probaby not you, sweety. Women have been conditioned to fear your gender because... well, it is often appropriate. Just keep in mind that not all men are good. that's the dynamic you are working with.
    Last edited by vashti; 28-03-08 at 09:09 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by sdfan View Post
    hey ladies, I have a question. What would be your reaction to an anonymous note for you, saying something like you look beautiful or something like that. Would it be taken just as a nice compliment or would you really try to find out who it came from?
    Hmmm...a secret admirer! These are the strange ones, I feel it's childish and people should just get up the courage to tell another how they are feeling and take that chance...that being said, there is some romanticism to a secret admirer though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't think that people will go out of their way just because someone gave them a comment about their looks or appearance.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i don't think that people will go out of their way just because someone gave them a comment about their looks or appearance.

raverboy
    You'd be surprised!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post

I know I wouldn't. That's an easy compliment to make....I'd be more impressed about a compliment that had to do more with me as a person than my looks. Shows they pay attention and actually give a shit.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfan View Post
    Something completely anonymous can be frightening, as you've already read. It removes a sense of control. Do you want a gals 1st impression of you to be that?

I think the note is sweet, but you should give her some hint as to who it is. A nickname, or your number. I agree, your actual name might be a bit aggressive. Use finesse.

I've gotten 'anonymous' flowers but I knew (well, strongly suspected) who it was & I knew who to ask to find out for certain. Then its alright.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Secret admirers don't usually turn out to be charming, handsome men who were just trying a different approach. They're usually guys who know they have no shot at you, for whatever reason, be it physical deformity, emotional retardation, whatever. For this reason, we usually assume the very worst, not the best, when we receive an anonymous offering.
    Spammer Spanker

I would take it as a nice compliment. Whoever sent that note will reveal themselves sooner or later if they are serious.