+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Rejection: My life feels better.

Rejection: My life feels better.

I had a serious serious crush on a friend of mine since December last year. I've gotten constantly rejected by her over the past few months on friendly get-togethers (not really dates), but i keeping having this little beam of hope... until i asked her to my senior prom last week. Got rejected. Told me she had planned to go with the girls and blah blah. That was the end of that for me. I really didn't expect any long term relationship since i'll be away for college, and never to return to my city again except on vacations. Well i was pretty crushed when i got rejected (over msn, actually. since she isn't much of a phone conversationalist). I didn't really have the guts to ask her, really. that was my position. but then after watching one of my friends successfully find a girlfriend after my consultation, i was like "ok, whatever, lets give it a shot". It was like, 4 months of brooding over this one girl, shutting the world away, just burst in one second. Well that same night i got rejected, i threw a kick-ass party with like 7 friends... my first ever party, and my first party period since grade 3. Had an awesome time. spilled my troubles to all my friends over some beer (yes i'm legal drinking age). Next day, still felt sucky, and i still feel a bit of the rejection. but its safe to say that i've moved on as of now. After getting rejected, i feel that i can concentrate a lot more on everything. homework, and my life in general. she used to take up like... 30% of my thoughts constantly. Now i'm just cruising through the last month and half of high school. And my fellow rejectees/guys who have crushes, life is MUCH better when ur a free bachelor! With her out of your mind, you really start appreciating other girls. and in my position, i'm getting back at the flirting, "checking-out" game. This time, not a first-timer. You all think she's the "ONE" and no one will every supplant her as the ultimate girl. Wrong. once u get her out of ur mind. you will find other girls attractive.

all in all. i'm glad i buckled up the courage to ask her. and now that she's out of my thoughts, and i'm no long concerned about her any more than a friend, my life is GETTING BETTER.

good to hear, seems like this closure was much overdue. at least you now know her position etc, although you may still think of her for a while this is the time to move on and look at the positives in life. when you go off to college youll realize how many people there are to meet in this life.

shes disapearing from my mind...but not completly