+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my friend messed up?

Is my friend messed up?

Hey everyone, this isn't about me is as it is about a good friend of mine, and I'm trying to figure out what is best to do.

You see I have this female friend of mine who I really care about, and she has this boyfriend that she worships the ground he walks on. The problem is that he lives on the other side of the world doing his band thing, and all he sends it a bunch of measly postcards just to say where's he's been. She's 21 and I have no idea on how old he is, she claims she's waiting for him, and she speaks the world of him. I have heard from a few people including her, that he has cheated on her and she has always looked the other way.

He's in Amsterdam for a year or more, and all I hear from her from time to time is,"oh I miss him so much" crap. I really want to somehow reunite these people, but how beats the hell out of me.

How should I handle this with her? She's so seems so in love with him, and at the sametime she told me that he had never professed his love for her? What's up with that? Is she in a fantasy world? She is a hopeless romantic, and I fear that she may set herself up to be hurt bigtime. She's a good friend, and I don't want to see her cry. I even tried to have my Exwife/GF to talk to her. She won't listen.

You like this girl as more than friends dont you... Its obvious.

Yes she is in a fansasy world, I think she is living a strange existance, I dont see how she can expect a man on the other side of the world, in a band, not to be tempted to cheat.

Maybe she is blind to the dangers.

The only thing you can do is be there to pick up the pieces when she falls.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Yeah, I do like her more than just friends. However I am very happy with my current GF/Exwife. I just wondered if there was some way I could just push my friend off in another direction other than this jerk.

Honestly I care about her, perhaps more than I should. But I seriously doubt it's gonna even get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    However I am very happy with my current GF/Exwife.
    Huh?!?!? Your current gf/Exwife?!?!?!
    You mean your current gf is your exwife???

Anyhow, it is really difficult to get a friend to do anything. You can listen and be supportive, but beyond that there is little you can do. Each person usually takes their own time to come to certain conclusions. And usually when you are in teh situation it is much harder to see it for what it is than for the people on the outside looking in...................