+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trans atlantic quest to get her , if Lady Luck smiles

Trans atlantic quest to get her , if Lady Luck smiles

Namaste friends.

I am 23 year old from India. I have resigned from my current job and going to US to do my MS. There was this girl , also 23 , in my team whom I love , till date. Somehow tryst with destiny never occured and I wasnt able to tell her my feelings. Though I conveyed them indirectly whenever possible , by gifting necklace once , but she never understood. When I was leaving the company she gifted me a replica of house to return the favor. I returned a week later to my place of work where she lives and said the magic words. After long talk on phone she said yes. Now meanwhile she has had talk with her parents and I with mine. Her parents are coming down this weekend to my house to have a talk.

Problem is I will be able to visit my country only once during my course of 2 years. And her parents will surely ask for some commitment from my end to have any fruitful results. There is typical Indian mentality coming in between as her parents are in hurry to get her married and if I dont satisfy their queries will expedite her marriage with someone else. So I am planning to come down in a year at least to get engaged and then marry once the course completes and I get a job , in another year. So there is a wait of 2 years in all. I know it is weird case but any chance for me ? I know relationships turn sour when both are apart for long time. And already my parents are angry with me for getting myself "diverted" from my MS quest. It is quite difficult they will agree to marriage in a year , when I come back , as her parents are most likely to ask for. And even if they agree there are issues with where I will be after my studies. And whether all this will affect my studies.

Destiny , it seems , is real strange lady. Either one or other in my case ???

Can't help ya with Indian affairs sorry.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Wow. Sounds like any advice you could get here will be useless because your parents are in complete control of the situation.

All you can do is make a very convincing case to support your side. Try to think about what they want to hear, as well as what you want them to understand.

Maybe they'll work something out.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2 years is a long time to wait. also it seems that you and her were only recently committed and you're already talking about marriage? also with her parents being pushy for a quick marriage as to promise her a stable future, are you sure that you wanna get into this?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...