+ Follow This Topic

Thread: weird problem

weird problem....please help!!

This year i moved to ny from another city. In ny my fathe told me to visit one of his friends growing up. I visited. Now here is where it gets tricky. My dad has always "suggested" that i begin to date his best fruends daughter. I always laughed at this suggestion until......i met her. This girl is very very nice, and i really think she is right for me. I would like to purse a relationship, but how do i do it so that it isnt just like "family friends." I mean we talk, but mainly because we are family friends. How do i begin tp pursue a relationship?
    Last edited by nyman; 26-12-03 at 02:47 PM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    damn you already got it easy. you were already introduced to this girl so what is holding you back? the fact that you're family friends? i think that would make it easier because you'll have things to talk about and she won't think you're some freak off the streets. the hardest part of this would be asking her out but then it's already been handed to you. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Just out of pure suspician, what if her father mentioned to her that she should date you? Like you were suggested to date her? So she just may be waiting for you to make the move.
    Could ask her something like this..."Ha Ha, My dad mentioned we should go out on a date, what do you think about that?"

Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

I agree with you, nyman. It is a weird problem. Because I don't see why it's a *problem*. You like a girl, you talk to her, you ask her out.

The thing i am most nervous about is pursuing her, and then it not even being a possibility for her. That would just make things weird. Maybe she see's me as a friend? Would you guys suggest just taking it slow, and then maybe one day something would come out of it?

And lighton, i have considered it......but i just dont know if thats possible.