+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I Being a Drama King?

Am I Being a Drama King?

Ok, I'll make this short.

My girlfriend and I were chilling out last night. Y'know, just watching some TV.
    Out of the blue, I go: So do you think Shawn is hot?

Shawn is my roomate, and he is the athletetic type. I'm not attracted to dudes, but even I find him attractive. I even call him 'silly buns', but that's a different story.

She goes: yeah.
    Cheerfully I reply: hotter than me?

Guess what the hell she says!? She says "yes"!
    Now, I KNOW he's probably hotter than me. I'm average. I work out, but Shawn is HOT.

Now, today I told her that what she said was actually pretty hurtful. She replied by saying "well, I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel".

I also told her that I might not want to hang out later, since I'm both pissed off and annoyed.

The thing that upsets me is that... even if he IS hotter than me, I don't want her to say it to my face! lol
    For example. She always asks if her ass is too big. I say no, but in reality, it is kind of big. But I don't want to hurt her feelings, so I lie to her.

Now, I think I might be overreacting, but what would you do in my situation?
    I think I expect her to treat me like I treat her. Like, always telling her how she's so attractive, cute, etc.

And for the record, we've been together for two months. She just turned 19, I'm 20.
    Last edited by Baked; 13-09-06 at 03:27 AM.

I undestand were your coming from, its can be hurtful and she shouldnt say he is even if he is.

But seriously dude what kind of guy asks his Girlfriend if she thinks other people are hot? its like asking for jealousy! or self comfort...

Anyways, No you are not over reacting, but i think you should try to brush it off, for the sake of your relationship.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Never ask a question that you don't really want to know the answer to, and I think you ARE overreacting. She didn't volunteer this information - you ASKED for it. Don't act like a girl.

BTW - what's up with calling him "silly buns"? Although I guess that is better than "sticky buns", but still...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Called her up and apologized. We're cool. And I guess I'm just having a bad day.

But still, I can't help but feel that there's something wrong about the whole situation.
    I mean, whenever I'm with a girl, I tend to think that they are the most beautiful in the world. Does that not apply to women? Are we not there in the relationship yet? Or is she simply not like that?

Even though we're okay now, it bothers me... lol
    I guess there's a difference between saying that someone is hot and feeling attraction towards someone.

Should I be worried that I'm not super hot to her? lol

King Zarathu Guest
    If she asked you the same thing about a girl that you thought was hotter, and you said yes, resulting in her getting pissed off at you, how would you feel? Does it mean you love her any less? No, it doesn't.

Quit being an overreacting, insecure female.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't worry about not being "super hot" to her. Girls require more than "superhot" to keep our interest. Males have placed too much emphasis on the importance of looks. They are defintely a plus, but they aren't everything.

For the record, I think George Clooney is one of the most beautiful men on the planet. My husband doesn't look nearly as good. It is simply a fact, and we both know it. I am not as beautiful as Angelina Jolie, either. :shrug:
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ok, I'm good.
    Thanks

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am not as beautiful as Angelina Jolie, either. :shrug:
    Pretty damn close....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, that is very sweet. You still have to clean the pool, though.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Pretty damn close....
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    You still have to clean the pool, though.

Baked, you should expect some backlash from this. I hope she teases you mercilessly, so you learn to never do that again.

I mean, whenever I'm with a girl, I tend to think that they are the most beautiful in the world.
    Stop being such a bitch and putting women on a pedastal. No woman you will ever be with is even remotely close to being the most beautiful person in the world, and the sooner you realize this, is the sooner you stop having footprints all over your back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog View Post
    Stop being such a bitch and putting women on a pedastal. No woman you will ever be with is even remotely close to being the most beautiful person in the world, and the sooner you realize this, is the sooner you stop having footprints all over your back.
    Cybog, who is the most beautiful in the world?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, why did you ask a question you weren't sure you would like the answer to?

I think you were begging to get upset, clearly you have some definite insecurities about your appearance.

Giga- Clearly I am the most beautiful in all the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Wow, why did you ask a question you weren't sure you would like the answer to?

I think you were begging to get upset, clearly you have some definite insecurities about your appearance.

Giga- Clearly I am the most beautiful in all the land.
    :Giggle: No, I was just wondering how he could possibly know that this girl couldn't be the most beautiful in the world. Clearly, someone has to be, right? I was just wondering who Cybog thinks that might be.

It's probably you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast