+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The bad guy mystique (mistake)

The bad guy mystique (mistake)

It's so outdated, don't you think? Of course, everybody has their own definition of what it means to be "bad". Me, I am kind of like a typical "nice" guy trapped in a "bad" guys body, only it gets so much deeper. The only way to live life is by the seat of your pants, because life will pass you by if you don't. Am I right or am I right? It takes some effort, but if I can do it, anybody can.

So why am I here? After such a long, trecherous, painful journey, I am finally starting to stand up on my own two feet. Through horrendous childhoods, even worse after I left home, a coma, and years of chiropractic malpractice, the pieces of the puzzle are finally starting to align themselves into the creation of an actual life! I am so far behind in life, though. I have the homeless puppy dog look going for me or the bad guy pitch I can always portray, though that has never really been my style. What girl ever goes for the homeless puppy dog look? That simply defies the very meaning of existence! I was meant for so much more than this! If only .... (the list goes on and on and on ...) All I ever wanted out of life was happiness. How hard can that be?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dunno, apparently pretty hard though.

Hey man, sorry to hear about what you went through. Girls have that maternal instinct. When you find a woman who really cares about you, she'll want to take care of you. Finding that woman is the trick though. Don't think telling a woman about your life right off the bat is going to make her fall in love with you. Instead, turn all of that negative energy from your past into something positive. Maybe treat her just the opposite of how you were treated.

I hope everything works out for you...
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by hitch View Post
    Don't think telling a woman about your life right off the bat is going to make her fall in love with you. Instead, turn all of that negative energy from your past into something positive. Maybe treat her just the opposite of how you were treated.
    +1, don't start off with the Tales of Sorrow right away. Is that really all you've got going for you? Just the puppy thing? Oh, come on. There must be something else.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd like to kick homeless puppy dogs when they start following me around. You'd better find another strategy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'd like to kick homeless puppy dogs when they start following me around. You'd better find another strategy.
    I doubt it's a strategy for him, but more of just how he is.

Even though that's how I might feel a lot as a result of an emotionally abusive mother, and lack of affection, I've realized that no, girls won't go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Even though that's how I might feel a lot as a result of an emotionally abusive mother, and lack of affection, I've realized that no, girls won't go for that.
    You're no lost puppy, Fras. You're an operator, not an object.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You're no lost puppy, Fras. You're an operator, not an object.
    I can't say I always feel that way though.

Referring to the girl who gets mad when she loses, I've learned to surpress and deny behaviors that would lead people to recognizing certain emotions. However this often leads to me becoming over-analytical, cynical, apathetic, jaded, and fairly unapproachable to those aren't familiar with me.

As of recent, I've learned that I cannot, or at least, with great difficulty be flirtacious or outgoing towards girls while synonymously in this mindset. I can't flip the switch back on when it's convenient. I think it's partially a trust issue I have yet to pinpoint. Basically what I'm sayin' is...once I open the flood gates of emotion, it's easier for me to be flirtacious, however, it also leaves me vulnerable to hurt. That's why I've always kept them closed.

And that's why I'm currently closing them back up now...