+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling for my friend's online pal

Falling for my friend's online pal

My friend has been pretty active on the online dating scene. One time when he was asked to travel for work in some remote province with no internet connection, he asked me to sign in using his account to get things going with this girl he was chatting with in the US. I obliged thinking, How hard is this going to be? I'll just say Hi, Hello, etc. So I log in to his account at itzamatch.com and indeed a message was there from the girl. We chatted, and chatted some more and now I realize that I really really like her! She's just funny, free-spirited and is willing to come to Manila to meet up with "my friend." She notices something different with how her "online pal" is chatting and that this is the reason why she's really thinking of coming over for a long vacation. My friend is due to arrive this Sunday already and I have no friggin idea what to do. I might hurt his feelings and make him feel betrayed or I just might tell him straight out that she's more interested in me than in him.

I don't know. These things between guys makes for the most awkward situations.
    What do you think I should do?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry.

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Whew.

Anyway, you need to step out. That's pretty low if you're really thinking of taking this girl from him.

Ive been in this situation before. If you value your friendship even a little bit, I am here to tell you: STOP TALKING TO THIS GIRL. Dont cut back, STOP. I garuntee that if you keep this up, you and your friend's relationship will go straight to Hell. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but thats what needs to happen.
    "Love is Fire. But wether its going to Warm your heart or Burn down your House you never can tell..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dondon_Haha View Post
    My friend has been pretty active on the online dating scene. One time when he was asked to travel for work in some remote province with no internet connection, he asked me to sign in using his account to get things going with this girl he was chatting with in the US. I obliged thinking, How hard is this going to be? I'll just say Hi, Hello, etc. So I log in to his account at itzamatch.com and indeed a message was there from the girl. We chatted, and chatted some more and now I realize that I really really like her! She's just funny, free-spirited and is willing to come to Manila to meet up with "my friend." She notices something different with how her "online pal" is chatting and that this is the reason why she's really thinking of coming over for a long vacation. My friend is due to arrive this Sunday already and I have no friggin idea what to do. I might hurt his feelings and make him feel betrayed or I just might tell him straight out that she's more interested in me than in him.

Damn you Filipinos. ONLINE DATING IS BAD.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Damn you Filipinos. ONLINE DATING IS BAD.
    Vashti is going to ask you how you know he's Filipino.

You mentioned Vashti again?! Methinks you laik her.

King Zarathu Guest
    Oh! I thought you got it from his hostmask and IP, hence the reference to vashti.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Oh! I thought you got it from his hostmask and IP, hence the reference to vashti.
    ****y sucky 5 dollar.

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    ****y sucky 5 dollar.
    Vashti, or the Filipino?

Just kidding. Both.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Why would I ask something so obvious?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Vashti, or the Filipino?

Just kidding. Both.
    I meant you big boy.

King Zarathu Guest

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.
    Me luv u lon taim.

All's well that end well

Quote Originally Posted by fixbayonets View Post
    Ive been in this situation before. If you value your friendship even a little bit, I am here to tell you: STOP TALKING TO THIS GIRL. Dont cut back, STOP. I garuntee that if you keep this up, you and your friend's relationship will go straight to Hell. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but thats what needs to happen.
    Well, he came back and I just told him straight out what happened. He didn't get mad at me. After all, he was the one who suggested it. He went and told the girl the truth too. They just laughed it off, I guess. As for me, I found another interesting girl at itzamatch so at least I'm out of their way. All's well that ends well!

Thanks!

Lesson learned? Hard to tell.