+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she playing me along??

Is she playing me along??

This is still about the same girl that kissed me a while back. Well my best friend said last night that he thinks she's playing me along. I don't know though so your opinions are very welcome!
    Since we kissed we've talked a couple of times on the phone and texted each other quite a bit.
    I asked her if she wanted to go out for a drink. She said that she would have to leave it for the moment as she was pretty busy. Fair enough I thought.
    The other day I went to see her at work, she seemed really happy to see me and gave me a big hug which was nice. She had to go and she text me when she finished saying thanks and that I made her day. She also said that she would come in to see me at were I work the next day. She didn't come in the next day but she text me when I got in saying sorry and explaining that she didn't come because it was chucking down with rain (which it was!). Again, fair enough I thought.
    I don't really know where I stand or what steps I should take next. I'd like to hear the opinions of you guys who are neutral in this situation. And please be honest! I would rather hear the truth even if it's not good for me!

Thanks guys!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you have not posted enough info for anyone to have an opinion. Why does your friend think she is playing with you? Does he know her better than you do? If not, ignore your friend. What does he know? He is probably just jealous.

When you ask her out, ask her when she is available. Maybe she is just busy. You can't really tell.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks for the quick replies! Sorry I didn't include more info.

vashti - My friend has never met, seen or spoken to her. So no he doesn't know her better than I do!

I don't really think she's playing me along but that maybe just because that's what I want to think. The first time she said she was busy - I can believe that. We had just started college again and she had missed the first week so she would've needed time to catch up.
    The other time, again I can see why she didn't come. She would've had to walk from her work to mine in the pouring rain and the fact that she text me to say sorry also says something to me. I don't know though!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well ask her out again, and if she won't commit to something, then ask her if she is trying to avoid you. That is the only way you will know for sure.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

OK cool, thanks again. I can't understand why she would kiss me and then act uninterested.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecrazy View Post
    OK cool, thanks again. I can't understand why she would kiss me and then act uninterested.

I'm not sure she IS acting disinterested. Are you? If she is acting disinterested, then I would say you should leave her alone.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm not sure she IS acting disinterested. Are you? If she is acting disinterested, then I would say you should leave her alone.
    Well maybe she's not - I don't really know what to think, i'm pretty confused!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Boyeeeeeeee yous bein' played yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Boyeeeeeeee yous bein' played yo!
    Are you taking the piss or are you being serious?

Dude, remember how long it took you to call that girl? I don't even have to go back and find that other thread, because I remember wanting to reach out and shake you until your eyes rattled in your head over that.

She's being cautious, and trying not to overplay her hand again, like that time she kissed you. She's making you work for it. Get to work.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecrazy View Post
    Are you taking the piss or are you being serious?
    I have to take a crap if that answers your question.

Well I went to see her the other day at her work. She took a break so we had half an hour together. I was really looking forward to seeing her - last time I saw her at work she was really pleased to see me and gave me a massive hug - this time nothing. We were talking and she asked how my love life was, so I replied that it was non existant! I asked her the same question and I can't remember her exact reply but it was to the affect of "yeah there's something happening". I felt like shit. We left and she said she would speak to me after work.

I really just want to tell her how I feel and get it off my chest. I also want to know why she kissed me when she isn't interested.

Looking back on it it would have been a good opportunity to tell her how I felt about her.