+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Help Quick

Need Help Quick

Alright, long story short.

I have a friend who knows that her friend is about to cheat on her boyfriend. She is a very insensitive person with no empathy at all and he deeply cares about her. She will eventually cheat on him, I'm 99% sure. I can intervene and talk to her boyfriend and give him a heads up.

Should I do it?
    Last edited by TDurden; 07-12-06 at 02:19 PM.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    Alright, long story short.

I have a friend who knows that her friend is about to cheat on her boyfriend. She is a very insensitive person with no empathy at all and he deeply cares about her. She will eventually cheat on him, I'm 99% sure. I can intervene and talk to her boyfriend and give him a heads up.

Should I do it?
    I'd want you to, if you were my friend.

But how close are you to this guy? How do you think he'd react?

I've never met the guy. That's the main problem. I still think he ought to know, I just don't know how he'd feel having it come from a stranger. Still, I'd think it'd be better then him finding out the hard way.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Be careful! It could backfire on you since this guy doesn't know you all that well.
    Then, it will just make you look like the bad guy.

Even though your intentions are good (yes I would definately like a heads up myself), he may not see it that way. He could see you as a threat and not take anything you say seriously. Or, he could take it the wrong way and think your actually interested in that girl. Its a sucky situation.

Maybe you can just warn him to be careful. Don't go into too much detail. Sooner or later he will figure her out. Sometimes it takes a person finding out how someone is on their own to make a decision.

But props to you for looking out for a brother.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stay out of other people's love lives. Wouldn't you feel like an ass if that 1% chance happened and you were wrong about her intending to cheat on him? Besides, a guy who dates slutty girls knows on some level what they are getting in to.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

What effect would warning him have? Do you think he'll break up with her? I can assure you, he does not want to hear this from you or anybody. He will hate you regardless of what she does, just because you're a witness to his humiliation.

Just like you, though, I would feel obligated to do something about it. I would probably send him an anonymous note, even knowing it wouldn't serve any purpose but to make her more careful about getting busted.

She's the one I'd confront, using adjectives such as "skanky" and "vile". Maybe she has a cold heart, but even the lowest-functioning human can (sometimes) be motivated by the opinion of peers.
    Spammer Spanker

I dont think its a good idea to tell him. First you dont know him maybe he likes that himself. Either try to get to know him and tell him or leave it just up to him to see later in life what will happen.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If a guy I'd never met told me my girlfriend was about to cheat on me I'd tell him to go F himself. If he was a friend of yours I'd say go for it. Since he isn't, I think it's best to just leave him be.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, this is what you do.

Wait till she cheats on him, and when he finds out, point and laugh at his misfortune.

He'll feel like shit and probably punch you in the mouth, but at least you'll get a few good laughs out of it.

It's all about the lemonade.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, it's probably not the best move to talk to him but I wish there were something I could do. I know the girl very well and she will inevitably cheat on him.

She's one of those people who's got the split personality thing nailed so he'll probably never see it coming.

Needless to say I can't really talk to her cause she hates me for numerous things not the least of which is ending our friendship on a sour note because of my discovery of how god awful she really is.

Oh well, can't save everyone

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    Oh well, can't save everyone
    'Cept yourself.

Write something nasty about her on the bathroom wall. I'm not entirely kidding.
    Spammer Spanker