+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a Pathetic State I'm In, Help!?

What a Pathetic State I'm In, Help!?

Seeking advice as whether or not I should pursue this female I met a day or two ago. The encounter was somewhat typical: we were both somewhat drunk, talked, eventually I collapsed on her shoulder, talked more, exchanged numbers/e-mails, hugged upon departure, etc etc... Communication since then has been almost non-existant. My first attempt at calling her resulted in puzzling "Just a sec- *Hangs Up* followed by a txt stating "Sooory, had to go the shops before" to which my response (mind you was relatively open and inviting) has not been replied to (I haven't heard from her since). It is almost as if this particular person is completely inexperienced and immature as far as relationships are concerned. So here I am, stuck with this pathetic dilemma that anyone else would think was totally pathetic. So, should I dismiss it as a one off or am I just confusing information/misinterpreting her post-reactions? arghhh, I'm so puzzled.

..What would you do in my situation?

Give it a week and try again- but only one more time. She might be mortified about how drunk she was (just guessing, here because of course, that has never happened to me), she might not even be single. She might not remember you the same way you remember her.

Were you introduced by a mutual friend? Could you find some way to "accidentally" see her again?
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah, perhaps. A week might be too long? I'll be out of state by then anyway (just for a week). She was much more sober than I was o.O... and I'm pretty sure she said she was single.

And uh yeah. She was friends with somebody my friend invited along to this "thing"- so I don't know... maybe there's a possibility of "accidentally" meeting up.. however, I'd say there's a pretty good chance it won't happen.

It's hard to know......
    There's definitely definitely definitely no logic to human behaviour.

Maybe I should send a message in a few hours something along the lines of "still interested in doing something? Fine if you're not, just thought I'd clarify.." ??
    Last edited by I Saw Drones; 10-01-07 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Updating

No. Just no. Dude, she's blowing you off. You can message her while you're out of town, can't you? Don't be impatient. This already looks pretty bleak, so don't make it worse.

Again, do you know anybody who knows her?
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do you refer to this as a "relationship"? You only met her once.

I vote you give it up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

*Sigh*.. you're so right... I just feel so apprehensive about it and I really don't know why!

Um yeah, that won't be for another 4 days or so in which time she'll probably have forgotten about me. *Dies*.. I hate when I get myself into crap like this *sobs!**

^Updated previous post (sorry): "And uh yeah. She was friends with somebody my friend invited along to this "thing"- so I don't know... maybe there's a possibility of "accidentally" meeting up.. however, I'd say there's a pretty good chance it won't happen."

Argh!GHH!H!

In response to vashti: You're right it shouldn't be classified as a relationship. I just got the impression she was keen on meeting me again after a few repeated comments like "will I see you again soon?" etc..

Yeah, it's looking that way. I'm just trying to get over it.

Ask your friend to ask his friend about her. This is better than calling. You might get some information (like that she's been off her meds for three weeks and just bit a police officer the other day or something equally enlightening), she'll definitely hear that you've been asking, and you still get to keep your self-respect.

Hmmm, where is that darn self-respect? Look around. It's probably lying under the shirt you wore that night, which is still bunched up under your bed. It's gotta be around there somewhere.
    Spammer Spanker

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You met her once, got a little drunk, had a hug, and now you're calling her "inexperienced and immature as far as relationships are concerned". My friend, I get the impression you're the inexperienced one. You're jumping the gun. And whatever you do, don't send her that message. It sounds desperate. Take a breath, give it a week, then call/text her.

PS What is there to get over? Nadda. You're looking waaay too far into a little drunken flirting.

Haha, self-respect- "What's Dat?!?!" *Sigh*

Yeah, I guess I have some a little bit of dignity to maintain (it doesn't feel like it thouGH!)

I'll give that method a shot. However, there's a good chance I won't return with anything- knowing how bloody unreliable my good associate is and what he generally thinks of me as a friend.

Any advice for "getting over it" as quickly as possible?

In response to Gribble: Uh yeah.. The last relationship I had was kind of all over the place. I tend to over-devote myself to relationships. Oh well. How can I avoid doing that in future?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by I Saw Drones View Post

Any advice for "getting over it" as quickly as possible?

Go get drunk and fall on another girl.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, I wouldn't recommend trying to drink her away. BTW, if you ARE drinking tonight, I suggest you lock your phone up. Friends don't let friends drink and dial.

Edit: HAH! Vash and I posted those at the same time!
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post

Edit: HAH! Vash and I posted those at the same time!

I hate when that happens because then you have to go back in and quote the person you were responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by I Saw Drones View Post
    I tend to over-devote myself to relationships. Oh well. How can I avoid doing that in future?
    Don't. I need a new poolboy anyway. Mine got banned.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast