+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piercings.

Piercings.

I want to get another piercing. I have my left ear pierced twice, 1 cartilage 1 lobe. I want the next piercing to be in my cartilage, left ear, next to the existing one, because I want to do this:

My question is, does anybody first of all have this? Also, I was wondering if anybody would happen to know if you can do this to an existing 3 year old piercing. I assume you can, but I'm not sure.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know why you couldn't. The question is rather more SHOULD you? Do you plan to be employed in a professional career at some point? Because that won't go over well...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Vashti, yeah I will be going into a relatively professional career. That's why I'd like to get it now, so it has a solid year to heal, that way I can just pop it out and it be fine.

At my last job when they didn't allow piercings, I had these clear plastic things that I just put in my ear to hold it open, but they were fresh piercings at the time.

But I really don't care. I'm going to do what I'm going to do, but I'm also bright enough to take the piercings out if I go to an interview. Only thing I won't do is start gauging anything, but as far as getting more piercings, a job won't stop me since I'll just take them out to get around it.

Just curious, I just started thinking about that piercing. I wonder how uncomfortable it'd be if you lay down on the side of your head? Unlike now where my earring just folds over, that one would be stuck staying sideways... One time my earring did get stuck sideways when I fell asleep, I woke up and it was sore as hell for pushing against the hole all night. Hmm...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I almost got my avatar swastika tattooed on me in Key West.

Several of my team mates (especially Amy) persuaded me not to.

I still think it'd be cool though.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    I view the ear as having evolved in a suitable & beneficial way. I don't believe adornments can enhance it any way. Just my opinion. To be honest, I tend to be a bit conservative in regards to guys & piercings...I lose respect for a male when I notice he has one. It's not necessarily right or in any way justified; it's simply a fact, and there are many more out there that share the same opinion. I'd recommend foregoing this modification; some others will look down on you for it.
    The thing about tatoos and piercings is that they alienate a significant number of people. I don't mind simple ear piercings, but I don't like facial piercings at all, nor do I like those ear plugs. I saw a woman with her plug taken out, and her ear looked hideous. She will need reconstructive surgery to look normal again. Also, with regards to both tattoos and piercings, I have a hard time imagining that what I thought looked "cool" when I was 20 would have the same appeal at 50.

I almost got a tattoo when I was about 18, and I am SOOOOOOO happy I didn't.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    I view the ear as having evolved in a suitable & beneficial way. I don't believe adornments can enhance it any way. Just my opinion. To be honest, I tend to be a bit conservative in regards to guys & piercings...I lose respect for a male when I notice he has one. It's not necessarily right or in any way justified; it's simply a fact, and there are many more out there that share the same opinion. I'd recommend foregoing this modification; some others will look down on you for it.
    No offense, but that's bullshit. I know some people may look down on it, but it really doesn't matter to me. I'm going to do what I want, and if a little piercing is going to alter your opinion of me, it's going to do nothing but make me laugh my ass off and simply say "grow up."

It's one thing when employers want to avoid that to maintain a professional environment. Because if you have a professional environment and employees dressed like monkeys, you have nothing.

It's another to simply look down on someone for that reason. Pure horse shit.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Piercings and tattoos send a message that says "I want to identify with a counter-culture". You need to be realistic about the impression you will be giving a lot of people in the corporate world, blue toxin, whether you think it is dumb or not.

I have two piercings on my left ear like this:

[url]http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL798/2959529/inbox/71411.jpg[/url]

But I wear:

[url]http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000ESI9E.01-AFCIBG6WT70ZA._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/url]

...instead. With the bottom one being bigger than the one above it.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kiechi is a nice guy with counter-culture bad boy looks.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Counter culture is dumb.

Conformity is the new punk.

Guy's who wear multiple earrings tend to be assholes. Not necessarily mean, but so involoved with trying to prove their 'uniqueness' or alternative nature that they end up coming off as jerkoffs. Doing something different for the sake of being different is one of the stupidest things you can do.

This obviously doesn't apply to all men who wear earrings. I have a couple friends who do and they do it just cause they think it looks cool, nothing more.

blue toxin, I have no idea what group you fall into so this is not a judgement on you, rather it's just a rant on the subject in general.

Oh yeah, and counter-culture is bullshit.
    Last edited by TDurden; 12-01-07 at 12:57 AM.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am eating a toasted BLT and a cup of chili from Wawa with 3 Tasty Kakes as desert.

It's not that I wanted to do something to be different from everyone. It's that I wanted to do something that isn't "typical" of ME personally. You know, live a little bit, try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    Guy's who wear multiple earrings tend to be assholes. Not necessarily mean, but so involoved with trying to prove their 'uniqueness' or alternative nature that they end up coming off as jerkoffs. Doing something different for the sake of being different is one of the stupidest things you can do.

This obviously doesn't apply to all men who wear earrings. I have a couple friends who do and they do it just cause they think it looks cool, nothing more.

blue toxin, I have no idea what group you fall into so this is not a judgment on you, rather it's just a rant on the subject in general.

Oh yeah, and counter-culture is bullshit.
    I got mine because I thought it would look cool. Saying this though, it seems to be turning into an obsession as I'm contemplating whether I should get on on the other ear.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast