+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hate my singing voice.

anachronistic Guest

Hate my singing voice.

I am performing a solo and a duet in two weeks. One is in German(solo), and the other is a sailor song(duet)

I am surprised I grew the balls to join chorus. I have always hated my voice. I grew very close to the Chorus director, since then, and she has helped me overcome my dislike of my own voice.... until last week.

We were in the practice room, practicing our duet like usual. Except she recorded it, and made us listen to it. She played it back to us, and I heard my voice. It sucks.

But people always say that most people hate the sound of their voice. I just think my voice is awful. Like awful as in what the **** am I doing, singing a solo and a duet?

I have gotten a compliment or two here and there from girls who heard me through the practice room door... but I think they were just being nice.

Have you heard a recording of your own singing? You don't sound the same inside your own head- it's really amazing. Maybe this would help.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Yes I have. I hated it. But it was also on a shitty tape player. I have used a computer microphone, also. I hate my voice!

I never used to sing, but recently I got Seventy times 7 down pat. I dedicated ot to my EX BESTFRIEND! So naturally I have a little passion for the song. I love singing that song and Im getting pretty good at it. lol
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

those recorders are not going to make your voice sound good. i bet if freakin mariah carey sang on a tape recorder she'd sound bad.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

absolutely nobody likes their recorded voice. You just have to get comfortable with it. Also, it was only a tape recorder. That's why we have professional studios and mastering.