+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I have commitment problems?

Do I have commitment problems?

So I've known this guy for a few months now, but I've only liked him for a week. Me and him have been flirting all week and finally today he answered a valentine's survey on Myspace to me telling him he liked me. now i'm really happy but i'm also afraid. i feel like throwing up and my stomach keeps turning. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

Everytime a guy that I've had my eye on starts liking me, I freak out and feel like I need to get out of there FAST. I'm a really independent person so maybe that's why? But I really feel like I have commitment issues.

Should I ignore these stomach-turning feelings and just go out with him? He's really sweet and everytime I'm around him I'm really happy. It's only when I'm alone that I start to second-guess myself.

I really need help, advice, anything! I joined this forum just now just because of this...

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, your not crazy. I can identify. It's normal. Like for example, I tend to fall for guys who are unattainable or it would be almost impossible to be with them. Why? Who knows? (It bugs me.) Maybe I just like the thrill or the chase. But, If I were to have them recipricate the feelings, I wouldn't have a clue how to act. I don't know if I would be as interested. I think I would run scared or be nervous as hell!
    Also, lately the minute that a guy shows interest in me and asks me out, I make up every excuse because Im afraid. I wouldn't even know where to even begin a relationship. I think maybe because I think the worst will happen or that after awhile he just won't like me anymore. I guess I think too far ahead at the big picture instead of just taking it a day at a time.

So, my advice to you is not to fall into this trap. If you really like this guy and he feels the same, why not just give him a chance. If it doesn't work out, you can always get out of it. But, if it does, look at what you are gaining!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

You know what's funny? I saw the thread title and I already knew my answer before I read your post. It was:

"if at times it makes you feel physically nauseous, yes. If so, read [URL="http://www.aish.com/dating/wisdom/Commitment_A_Four_Letter_Word.asp"]this[/URL], because i'm feeling too lazy to post properly today.. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn View Post
    I tend to fall for guys who are unattainable or it would be almost impossible to be with them.
    The badass biker syndrome? Some guys are hard to get...me...I am impossible..sincey ou have to pass the virgin test...maybe I should make this more known lol
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn View Post

Yet, the guys who like me, I have no interest in. Its a crappy situation.
    LoL, sorry.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Thanks for the help, guys. I really appreciate it. Especially what you said, Tiay. That link told me a lot. I do have committment problems... But I think I can try to get over it.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Make sure you actually like this guy because he's a good guy, rather than the fact he was unattainable, though.

oh yes definitely like him cuz he's a good guy. he's so sweet i can't take it its not that he's unattainable at all. he was pretty attainable actually...i'm just shy as HELL ^^

glad it helped (: best of luck! tell us how it goes.