+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to comfort a girl?

how to comfort a girl?

ok im just wondering how i can comfort this girl when im aroudn here... she needs it i guess and im not realyl sure how i can do it. she doesnt have a dad so theres not many men in her life and i dont wanna be to pushy

Well, being consistent is a big one. Why don't you start with that? Sometimes it's nice just knowing you can rely on someone to be there for you.
    Spammer Spanker

Well, what is your relationship with her? Friend? Girlfriend? What? Comforting any fellow human being is a kind thing to do. However, don't let her turn you into an emotional crutch. The fact that she doesn't have a lot of men in her life has nothing to do with anything. Being the emotional support network is not a good "in" on getting her as a girlfriend (considering you are writing on Love Forum, I assume this is in your mind). If you form a relationship on the basis of her emotional needs (and you as the support network), then you'll have nothing but trouble. Sometimes, just remaining her good friend is as much as you should do. Start a relationship with another woman on a positive note...it will only become more difficult with time. IF you are already involved with another woman, don't let this one (the one you mentioned) use your kindness to screw up your other relationship, okay? Don't get roped into head-trips.

Also...how old are u? how old is she? You refer to her as a girl...what does that mean? If she is below the age of consent...do not get involved in any way. Suggest that she seek counseling or something, but don't hug and be her father figure...you will get your ass (and other body parts) in a whole world of trouble.

ok its kindof a trippy relationship with us. weve been friends for along time, nothing major maybe do something with a group once every 2 months or something.

she started liking me alot i guess, but then she started liking another guy because he comforts her, she likes me becasue im fun to hang out with (i guess my personatliy). so if i can comfort her alittle more that would help? i wanna go more than friends. thats the right thing to do? , we both like another

were both 18

Sounds like she's learning how to attract men. She's in a learning phase. If you've been friends for awhile, then stick with being her friend; but don't become her crutch...her confidante. The next thing, you'll become Mr. Platonic and start hearing about the guys she's interested in. You'll get pissed and cut off the friendship; she'll call you a jerk; then, you'll be full of regrets and go back to being her platonic puppydog. So, don't get nut-so over her. Like I said, she's in a learning phase...that lasts until she's 35. Oh, incidentally, she'll eventually figure herself out. You as a man...will never figure women out completely and you'll only begin to understand yourself at the age of 40 when the testosterone begins to clear out of your muddled mind Speaking from experience....!