+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meeting women in college

anachronistic Guest

meeting women in college

next semester i will be a freshman in college.

i applied for a coed dorm.

i'm not really sure what kind of events are at my college. my guess is that there's dances, but i'm not sure what else.

i've never been to any parties, but i'd like to avoid them until i'm 21.

i'd like to find a girl who shares the same interests as me (art, german, music, computers, and videogames) i think i'm going to join some clubs or if i get lucky enough, get in a band for the fun of it.

also, all my relationships in high school i took really seriously, while the girl ended up blowing it off. do girls in college generally take their boyfriends more seriously, or is there only a small fraction of women?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    i'm not really sure what kind of events are at my college. my guess is that there's dances, but i'm not sure what else.
    Most colleges have a calender of events. You may want to check it out.

i've never been to any parties, but i'd like to avoid them until i'm 21.
    If it is a party college, you may want to avoid them all together. Because I don't think you would like what can happen at such parties. As far as the drinking age goes, I highly doubt anyone will care about you being under 21.

i'd like to find a girl who shares the same interests as me (art, german, music, computers, and videogames) i think i'm going to join some clubs or if i get lucky enough, get in a band for the fun of it.
    You may have some trouble with the video game one. But joining clubs and what have you is a good idea tho.

also, all my relationships in high school i took really seriously, while the girl ended up blowing it off. do girls in college generally take their boyfriends more seriously, or is there only a small fraction of women?
    It depends on the girl really. As you are dealing with girls that basically either want a causal relationship or a serious one.

you'll meet all kinds of people in college.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Lil'wing, you may have a hard time finding a girl who will take a relationship seriously at this young age, and that's how it should be. You should consider the idea too. Not everyone can be "the one". In fact, only one can be the one. You aren't ready for her yet, and she's not ready for you. That doesn't mean you should go around acting like a dog, but revise your expectations or you're going to get hurt. Again.
    Spammer Spanker

yahoooo! College.

Girls, girls everywhere!

(and maybe you'll also make some new guy friends to hang out - thereby reducing the need to find "everything" in a girlfriend).

I think it is good for us to have many people in our lives who can satisfy many things. I love to go to the ballet, and although I'm sure my boyfriend wouldn't completely dismiss it, I also know I might actually have more fun if I went to the ballet with a girlfriend (or my gay male friends!)

yeah cowboy the **** up Lilly Wing. No parties till you're 21?? Why the **** not??? A few college sluts will make a man out of you.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy View Post
    A few college sluts will make a man out of you.
    indeed.

the no parties part: i think parties are a little out of control. i hear rumors about the high shcool parties now; about how guys take advantage of the girls and pull pranks on eachother, and people doing drugs and shit. i'm a little more conservative/laid back than that..

At least go and have a look at them when you get there. I've been going to parties since I was 12years old and I've never had a prank pulled on me or taken advantage of some poor wasted female. You'll really miss out otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    indeed.

the no parties part: i think parties are a little out of control. i hear rumors about the high shcool parties now; about how guys take advantage of the girls and pull pranks on eachother, and people doing drugs and shit. i'm a little more conservative/laid back than that..
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy View Post
    At least go and have a look at them when you get there. I've been going to parties since I was 12years old and I've never had a prank pulled on me or taken advantage of some poor wasted female. You'll really miss out otherwise.
    ya i'v never been to one but i hear rumors about high school parties and I'm in high school. But charlie i think wins the argument here i make assumptions and so do you about parties you've never been to. so i say go for it, i probably will next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Yar it's also much easier to find yourself a woman at parties than say a bar or a nightclub because there's some perceived common ground. I actually met my girl at a party just before Christmas.

I wasn't expecting much talent at this place, but I walked in and saw her and was gobsmacked. Couldn't look over at her without getting an electric shock. Gave myself a little mental pep talk that I wasn't leaving without her number, I wasn't going to let any other guy get the jump on me etc. In the end it wasn't much harder than offering her a beer when we past each other upstairs. If I'd met her out in the city or something it would have been a whole different ballgame.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are parties and then there are parties. You'll figure out which ones to avoid and which ones won't get you dragged out in handcuffs. My university is one of the biggest party schools in the country. People are apeshit nuts here. Home team loses, they riot. Home team wins, they riot and set their own damn town on fire.

yeah my advice is Australian-based we don't have that same weird frat-initiation-steal the other team's mascot-cop a paddle beating so you can join us-culture here.

anachronistic Guest
    whoohoo! parties!

"woohoo parties" !? You're an impressionable young lad aren't you Lilly Wing?

In college, you'll begin to know who you really are cuz you will be tempted by a lot of things. Life is more mature in college but it's a lot of fun too cuz you can do a lot more than you could in high school... but beware.

I've been to a good number of parties, and sometimes things can get out of control. I'm not yet 21 but I've gotten very very drunk several times... and you most likely will be too.. and things will happen... lol

Just have fun man, but be careful. Just like there are male jackasses... there are plenty of female bitches that will **** you and then take your shit lol

And if you are a good looking male.. you're in for the time of your life lol

but like everyone says.. be careful.
    The minute you let her under your skin...
    Then you begin...
    To make it better.

[URL="http://www.hitsmedia.net"]www.hitsmedia.net[/URL]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast