+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice for a friend

Advice for a friend

Hello Hello,
    Just wanted some advice. I have this friend (a really close friend, sort of like a best-friend now).. well, she's had a crazy love story of her own... she fell in love with this guy about 2/3 years ago and they were both set to be married. Then, due to some reason (some family issue), the marraige plans broke off and the engagement was off. However, she was still very much in love with him. He on the other hand, stopped having contact with her and tried to totally shut her out of his life. She kept calling him, stayed depressed etc, but nothing happened. Now, 2/3 years later, he's engaged to this other girl and about to get married soon, with her feelings still the way they were earlier.

Anyway, she called him the other day and as usual told him that she was still very much in love with him. He, this time, told her that he still had feelings for her aswell but nothing could happen because he was married and happy with her. She got all happy and excited that he cares for her, but at some level knows that nothing can happen now.

My question to you guys is, what advice should i give her? So far my stance on this matter has been that she shouldn't talk to him, that you should forget about him and MOVE-ON. Because its only going to hurt her even more if she keeps hoping, when in reality theres very little hope.

what say you all?

That's a really tough one. I'm not sure I'm even qualified with an opinion. It's my opinion that Marriage is the long haul. If she needed more time to be ready for it, there's nothing wrong with that.

However, I think this guy may be losing. I don't know who broke it off initially, but it may not even matter. What I see is someone who had enough love to wait 2/3 years for this guy. But I agree, after marriage, your initial advice has my vote, for what it's worth.

obviously she has got to move-on... but what he did was definitly wrong!
    he played with her fealings!!
    she is inocent in this story..
    and he... is an animal

Quote Originally Posted by Life's Victim View Post
    obviously she has got to move-on... but what he did was definitly wrong!
    he played with her fealings!!
    she is inocent in this story..
    and he... is an animal
    You're probably a female. Why is it his fault? It doesn't say who broke off the engagement, it just says he broke off contact after that happened; which would be the best thing to do.

He's married now..that's clear enough. Move on...best advice I can give you !
    Good Luck !
    For a complete archive of all the relationship advice I have ever given, visit: [URL="http://www.thelovecounsellor.com/"]TheLoveCounsellor.com[/URL].