+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are you friends with your EX?

Are you friends with your EX?

is it possible?coz my ex wants to be friends with me,but i said i cant coz that would be something which is not real and i feel like i dont have anything to say or tell her anymore.can friendship survive with all the pain that we have been thru by going out from the relationship or will it just aggraavate and hinder me to move on?thank you

I think if things didn't end well and you have residual resentments about the relationship, there's no point in trying to be friends. It would be like polishing a turd.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think if things didn't end well and you have residual resentments about the relationship, there's no point in trying to be friends. It would be like polishing a turd.
    I'm with Giga. When my ex bf dumped me he wanted to stay friends, but it would have been WAY too painful. As it is I might catch up with him online ever 3 months or so. Can just about handle that.

I reccommend you cut all ties completely (if possible) at least for a couple of months. When all that dust is up in the air it needs time to settle. Making a clean break to move on is usually the best bet after a painful breakup.

Turn a blind eye to this loathesome fool you call your "ex." It's unpatriotic to maintain a relationship with someone who has disowned you. Shun, shun, shun!

I've never been very good at it.

Sure, in the big picture global karma sense, if I see them than I can say hello and wish them well and share a few words.

There is one ex, who I was madly in love with, that, now, some years, and because I have a new boyfriend, if we lived in the same town, I could see being friendly with him. I know that I'm over him. Though he might actually make my heart miss a beat, I don't know!

I don't think it's possible to be friends with someone who broke your heart. I can't even see it as a possibility in the future. But I guess everyone is different.

I'm 15 but me and my 16 year old girlfriend are still friends. we talk, not really on the phone so much but you know we talk on msn. sometimes it's daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

I think it depends on the kind of break up that you had. If it was a bad break up then maybe being friends is not something that you should be considering. I know for me, I broke up with one of my exs. In the beginning we didnt talk but now he and I are friends. We are not best friends but the line of communication is there for us. But if you think it would cause you too much pain to be friends with her then dont. You have to do whats best for you, not what she thinks mite work for the both of you.

Never friends with an ex. When its over, its over. I have moved a lot, so I generally don't run into them around town. That last ex, however, showed up at my place of work--she had a meeting--and stopped by to say "hi." I was so cold and distant that she didn't make that mistake again.

The only exes I'm "friends" with are the ones I might consider sleeping with again.
    Spammer Spanker

goodpoints everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    The only exes I'm "friends" with are the ones I might consider sleeping with again.
    Good point.