+ Follow This Topic

Thread: could that tease be real???

could that tease be real???

Hi everyone,
    I dunno where to start, but i got a little problem here. 2 weeks ago, my parents' relative is trying to set me up with this guy called "B", cos according to her, this guy is a very good one. He comes from a wealthy family, very kind, and all those things...well...i dont mind at all, since i've been single for more than a year now. First time i saw "B", i wasnt interested in the "look" part, i guess his look is just so ordinary, nothing like i imagined. But i was interested in the way he was behaving himself, i think he's very polite, gentle, kind, and very shy. Day after day, i find him more and more interesting. Our relative (the "matchmaker") also told him that she wanted to set him up with me. So my relative gave him my number, and he messaged me 2 days later, we had a little chit-chat, nothing big.

Coincidently, he and i signed up for a gym in our town at the same time,and having a same personal trainer. so we meet up there. We got closer, although i won't say that he's sooooo into me just yet. actually...i dont know...cos he's very shy. Few days ago tho,...he told me that his dog just got birth for 7 puppies, and as he knows that i like dogs, he wants to give 1 for me as soon as the puppies can walk...i think he's very sweet there.

His friends and our trainer always tease us, and we would just laugh and get embarassed and all that...ocassionally he would message me first out of the blue, but that was it. 2 nights ago for the first time his friends asked me to go out for dinner, in a big group, where B is also there. I couldnt go, cos my parents didnt allow me to go out so late, so i had to cancel it. sigh...then yesterday night, when i was at the gym doing cardio next to him, one of his friend was teasing him, so loudly about B being interested with this girl who works in a bank. I thought his friend was just joking. Then i jokingly asked his friend who the girl was. He mentioned the bank's name. I immediately knew which girl he was mentioning about. But to be sure, i asked him the girl's name. The girl's name was Anastasia. I know that girl, i have to admit that she is very pretty, and many guys are after her. Then i asked his friend again, how did he know that "B" likes her? he said that "i know everything about B" (he said it loudly and laughing). But i didnt take it as a joke, cos i know for damn sure how pretty that girl is. i wouldnt be surprised if "B" also likes her. I got jealous. Suddenly i just wanted to go home, i couldnt finish the cardio that i was schedulled to do. I was so upset. so I went home straight away, telling our trainer that i got a sudden headache. My trainer didnt believe me tho...she thinks that i got upset because i heard those tease. and yes, she's right. I know this is childish....but that's just how i feel. i got very insecure. half an hour after i left (that time B must have just finished his training), he messaged me in my mobile, he told me that i forgot to take my gym towel, and that our trainer is keeping it for me. So i said, yeah, okay, not a problem, since it's only a towel anyway. He messaged me again, asking me why i went home all of sudden (usually i always tell everybody before i go home), and he was just wondering if i was too tired. I said i got headache, thats it. So he told me to get some rest.

Do u think that he was told to message me??? or did he do that cos he cares about me? and what do u think i should do? allright...some of you guys may think that my problem is NOT a problem at all, and that i was just being childish. But that is how i currently feel. and i'm too embarassed to tell my friend about this problem. i hope you guys can help me out a little here....i'll really appreciate it...
    when there is no more words left to say. when tears have no more meaning, what would u do?

Ok, I am going to take a guess and say that you are 23 years old? why would your parents still have a curfew on you?

This entire "like" thing is BS. Do you know how many girls I like for example? A SHIT LOAD! ...says who that the girl in the bank means anything to him?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Do you even like him? After all, you were set up with him...

i think i do...at least, i start to,..
    when there is no more words left to say. when tears have no more meaning, what would u do?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you are still good, but need to be careful about what you do next.

So what if he has a crush on some bank girl? That doesn't mean he is going to date her. I am married, and I have had crushes on a few different men while I've been married, but I realize that they are only crushes and I am not available. My husband has had crushes on women, too (including my sister). It is normal to be attracted to multiple people. A person just can't act on it. He may really like you and still have a little crush on the bank girl. Just because you like someone doesn't mean they are meant for you.

I think when you see him next, if he asks why you left so abruptly, laugh and tell him you know it was silly, but you got a wee bit jealous about the bank girl. This will put him in a position to tell you one way or the other if he is interested in you.
    Last edited by vashti; 30-05-07 at 09:55 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Oooo, Vashti, that was golden.

I agree. I also think the "friend" who was teasing should get a poke in the eye the next time you see him. That was really unkind of him to do that, and if this guy is actually interested in you, his friend just messed up his chances.
    Spammer Spanker

thanks alot guys, all the inputs are great...i felt so crap all day yesterday, but now i feel allright. I definitely have insecurity problem, huh? i dont know how i could get rid of this,i know this is gonna destroy me sooner or later, cos it just makes me look so stupid and definitely makes me so unhappy
    What do you guys do to boost your confidence anyway? i dont want to loose him just because of my stupidity...

btw, thanks alot Vashti, i'll do that...heheh...i'm gonna take my chance :p and see what he's gonna say...hoho...wish me luck!