+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: religion

religion

i was talking to my friend at work today, and he told me about this girl (who i have a crush on) is really religious. i mean really religous in that she is home school, slapped some guy at work for cussing, and was brought up to believe that man is superior. now, not that i have anything against that theory i personally am against religion. not that i dont believe in god or anything, i just haate the idea of having a book telling me how to live my life, like i dont know good from bad. but, i wont get into that here. anyways, she seems like the ordinary girl, parts or whatever. so, opinions? if you are religous, would you date someone who isnt as religous as you are? should i just give up on this girl now?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think people should be in relative agreement about the role religion will take in a relationship, whatever that role is.

I also think you'd be crazy to date a girl who smacks someone for cussing. Do you really want to spend all your time defending her when she actually pisses someone off because she can't control her emotions?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yes and no everyone is different
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

Smack me for cursing and you'll wake up embedded in a wall.

Doubt I could date someone like that.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

i believe the smacking was a one time thing, because my friend said if he let one slip here and there, her eyes just got big. who knows, my friend could just be exaggerating, he has been known to do that from time to time.

She sounds like a highly underdeveloped human being. Why are you interested in such a creature? It's like she's missing something (Common sense).

Piles of perfectly nice girls out there who think for themselves. Go find one of them.
    Spammer Spanker

I say that you should forget about her. From the way it sounds you two are completely different, and it doesnt look like it would work because of how different you are. Find someone is isnt that extreme
    Theres a point in your life
    When you get tired of chaseing
    everyone and trying to fix everything
    Buts its not giving up...
    Its realizing that you dont need
    Certain people, the bullshit
    And the drama they bring

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sgp View Post
    i was talking to my friend at work today, and he told me about this girl (who i have a crush on) is really religious. i mean really religous in that she is home school, slapped some guy at work for cussing, and was brought up to believe that man is superior. now, not that i have anything against that theory i personally am against religion. not that i dont believe in god or anything, i just haate the idea of having a book telling me how to live my life, like i dont know good from bad. but, i wont get into that here. anyways, she seems like the ordinary girl, parts or whatever. so, opinions? if you are religous, would you date someone who isnt as religous as you are? should i just give up on this girl now?
    i think it would be very difficult to be in a relationship with that girl, especially because i believe men and women were created equal.

i think that instead of asking if the girl will date you, if you would want to date such a religious girl. this girl probably is very active in her church and would insist that you attend with her and all.

i don't know about you, but extremely religious people bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by sgp View Post
    You lucky bastard (said with the utmost respect). If you give up on her, then you are indeed a fool. A book isn't telling you how to live your life; it is only telling you about a way of living your life that, over millennia, has worked for millions of other people.

That's what I find amusing here...the government tells you how to live your life...with the threat of jail, financial loss, etc. There isn't one thing that you do in your everyday life that isn't regulated by the government (and its books of laws and policy)...yet, that doesn't bother you.

Religion....forget about the past for a moment...in the Western Hemisphere today...there is nobody putting a gun to your head when it comes to religion. It isn't forced on you. People who are religious may push an agenda (so do the tree huggers for that matter...that's their "religion"), but nobody is strapping you into an orange jumpsuit and cutting off your head.

So, geezus man...she's gonna give you ALOT in life. And, all she is going to ask is that you try. You try to understand and respect her belief system and try to see if it works for you, too.

Good for her for slapping someone--she's got a spirit and she stands up for her beliefs.

Hey, if that's too much to ask...you know, if you want the exact opposite....if you'd just prefer to loll around on the couch and have no-questions-asked sex with a series of different women (in between playing X Box games) throughout your life...go for that, if it make you happy (just be sure to send the traditional religious woman my way, okay?!)

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    You lucky bastard (said with the utmost respect). If you give up on her, then you are indeed a fool. A book isn't telling you how to live your life; it is only telling you about a way of living your life that, over millennia, has worked for millions of other people.

That's what I find amusing here...the government tells you how to live your life...with the threat of jail, financial loss, etc. There isn't one thing that you do in your everyday life that isn't regulated by the government (and its books of laws and policy)...yet, that doesn't bother you.

Religion....forget about the past for a moment...in the Western Hemisphere today...there is nobody putting a gun to your head when it comes to religion. It isn't forced on you. People who are religious may push an agenda (so do the tree huggers for that matter...that's their "religion"), but nobody is strapping you into an orange jumpsuit and cutting off your head.

So, geezus man...she's gonna give you ALOT in life. And, all she is going to ask is that you try. You try to understand and respect her belief system and try to see if it works for you, too.

Good for her for slapping someone--she's got a spirit and she stands up for her beliefs.

Hey, if that's too much to ask...you know, if you want the exact opposite....if you'd just prefer to loll around on the couch and have no-questions-asked sex with a series of different women (in between playing X Box games) throughout your life...go for that, if it make you happy (just be sure to send the traditional religious woman my way, okay?!)
    very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post

that is a good point, (btw the gov. pisses me off too ) but yea, you definately do make some good points

I don't care what her belief structure is, she's narrowminded, judgemental and out of control.
    Spammer Spanker

i dunno, he was probably exaggerating about the man is superior, i believe she had some biblical reasoning for whatever she told him, about something like taken from the ribs or toes when woman was created, i dunno. he didnt know wtf he was talking about, so didnt explain it well. someone who knows the bible here might know.

Is she a Baptist, if I may ask?

There's a bunch of stuff about submission to the husband in Ephesians.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 08-06-07 at 04:59 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know what she is talking about, but hers is a very narrow interpretation. Incidentally, there is more than one creation story in the bible. Hers is the one advocated usually by males who are intersted in preserving their power structure.

I'm with Giga - run for your life.

EDIT: I bet you anything she is a Baptist, Giga.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast