+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sometimes when im at a mall or store, there is this girl that catches my eye but...

Sometimes when im at a mall or store, there is this girl that catches my eye but...

I never ever have the guts to go up and talk to her, Like today I was at dimple records and I saw this girl that I found fairly attractive. I know me and her would of had a few things in common since she liked music and video games since she was browsing through those section. I kept looking at her, hoping she would notice my existence. When I looked at her, she looked at me a few times, but didn't seem very flattered about it or anything, also didn't smile about it. She also didn't tell her friend.

Sometimes when I stare at girls, I get a much better reaction of them, they would smile and laugh and also tell her friends that the handsome dude(which would be me) is looking at them

But I never ever have the guts to actually go up and talk to them, I get so nervous and when im nervous I stutter like crazy and don't pronounce my words right, making me hard to understand,

So anyway, back with the girl I saw at dimple today, I really wanted to go up and talk to her but had no idea how to approah her. I don't know if the signs she was giving me were good or bad. When I looked at her, sometimes she would glance back, not much of an expression, probably more like "huh? why is this guy looking at me?" or maybe she suspected that I fancy her but didn't care that much..

But now, its too late, she is gone out of my life forever. But I need to know how I can approah someone inside of dimple records or at the mall or anywhere in general.

dont make it creepy because...keep in mind, you're a stranger. They've never seen you before. Some girls aren't flattered by the fact that boys stare at them. And some aren't going to like you or want to be approached. But the way to do it is..kinda glance at them a little bit. If they do it back and smile..or laugh..or do what girls do. Just mouth the word "hi" or something. if she does it back..then go over and make small talk.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004 View Post
    if she does it back..then go over and make small talk.
    Making small talk is truly an art, and the difficulty some people can have with it is often overlooked by the more socially capable. I don't think Dave would be very good at it (no offense man, I'm not either)

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Making small talk is truly an art, and the difficulty some people can have with it is often overlooked by the more socially capable. I don't think Dave would be very good at it (no offense man, I'm not either)
    I'm not very good at it also. But even if you aren't don't ever give up, I know I won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can get good at it, though. Practice, practice, practice. Also, you need to live an active life. People who do interesting things have oodles of interesting stories to tell.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Also, you need to live an active life. People who do interesting things have oodles of interesting stories to tell.
    Do girls like hearing interesting stories that guys have? Cause I have an assload that I've never told and probably shouldn't.

So let us run this by the girls on this forum: If you were at some guy friends house, would you like/enjoy/want to hear interesting stories about him? Does it make him seem more attractive in some way and cause you to like him more, perhaps?

Well I'm not a girl, DM, but I am guessing they wouldn't like to hear a long, however ultimately interesting, story in a situation where small-talk is in order, such as in the mall or in line at a store. The weather, her clothing, small trivial stuff like that works best.

And David12, just go over there and give it a go. Use short words if you feel you might stutter, be nice about it, don't be creepy and don't stare. Make a comment about a record or something. Stuff like "I didn't think stunningly beautiful girls like you came in here" doesn't really work.

Besides, if it fails, it's not like she's going to gut you bow to stern. You'll get "rejected" (though that's a clear overstatement) by some girl you'll never see again in your life. What's the big risk?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I should clarify I didn't mean in the context of some little chit-chat with someone you barely know at an electronics store. I meant someone you have known for a while who might be over at your house or something. Sorry about that I forgot to mention it