+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartments or houses

LostNotFound Guest

Apartments or houses

what would you buy?

houses are freeeeeeing expensive in london but apartments seem pointless.

I could have bought a perfect condo for what I paid for my ****ed-up house, but having the big yard is well worth it.

I have a huge tree in the front yard with a yellow swing in it for my daughter. I can see her from the kitchen window out there playing, and she doesn't have to share it with the neighbor kids. Can't get that with an apartment.
    Spammer Spanker

LostNotFound Guest
    i don't plan on kids for a long time.

i like the apartment idea. the balcony, small cosy little rooms, just the 2 - of- us kinda scene but thats all great in my head but when you view them the walls are paperthin and there's no parking, no where to hang out wet clothes etc. etc.

but honestly London houses are just too damn expensive!! my SO would live in a ghetto-type end of London and his parents house is worth around £200,000 which is $400,000 almost. see what i mean?

one of my biology lecturers was canadian and she was here for a year and she said the only thing London has is high crime rates and when you get here it sucks up all your money.

LostNotFound Guest
    giga- did u plan to have your daughter?

I would call her unplanned but not unwanted. I was halfway through architecture school and was getting pretty sick of my boyfriend's dragass ways- I almost threw him out a couple of months before I found out I was knocked up.

I made the best of it. What else can you do?
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    shut the hell up lostnotfound, you got nothing to complain about. my house costed $13,000. well it's not my house... it's my parents. but i had to help pay for the ****in' thing!

it's got 5 rooms (6 if you count the kitchen and living room as two, but there are no walls between them.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think there are advantages and disadvantages to both. Noise and parking are issues for apartments, but I liked not having to worry about landscaping or pool maintenance. Also, when you have kids, there is sure to be more action in the immediate vicinity.

Houses are better for privacy, and some people actually enjoy yardwork and home repairs.

In the end, they are both better than renting.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LostNotFound Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    shut the hell up lostnotfound, you got nothing to complain about. my house costed $13,000. well it's not my house... it's my parents. but i had to help pay for the ****in' thing!

it's got 5 rooms (6 if you count the kitchen and living room as two, but there are no walls between them.
    ok you shut up coz u didn't understand me. houses are expensive. i can't afford it. for 13,000 you can just about get a car.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post
    ok you shut up coz u didn't understand me. houses are expensive. i can't afford it. for 13,000 you can just about get a car.
    yea, i live in a mobile home, though.

back in ohio we lived in a $120,000 3 story house.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post

Where the hell do you live? Because that will not even come close to getting you a house where I live by a long shot, even if you raise the price tag to $100,000 you can't get a house around here.

House or condo, sorry but apartment is a bad investment. It is supposed to be a temporary thing in my opinion.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lots of people live in apartments (flats) in Europe.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Where the hell do you live? Because that will not even come close to getting you a house where I live by a long shot, even if you raise the price tag to $100,000 you can't get a house around here.
    ich wohne auf dem Land, ins South Dakota. Wo lebst du denn?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My dad's itsy bitsy house cost him 250k. One year later it was worth 500k. No clue what it's valued at today. It's going to be damn hard for the new generation to get housing.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you can afford it at least buy a house or condo. Apartments will take your money and in the end, you have nothing. A house is at least an investment and will be worth more when you move out, so you will have actually made money while living there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast