+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's HIS problem? : /

Stirfry Guest

What's HIS problem? : /

I work with a guy that will ignore you if you won't talk to him first. He always avoids eye contact, never says hello, and rarely smiles. He doesn't appear to be upset, just.. blah. It's frustrating, and just a little rude and antisocial.
    Guys, are some of you just terrified of women, or absolutely indifferent?
    What's the best way of trying to get him out of his shell? Or should I just let him be?

Poke him with a stick.

Alternately, make a game of it, treating him like a feral animal and asking him if you're scary, offering him bribes to talk to you.

Is he like this with everyone, or just the girls?
    Spammer Spanker

i know this girl at school who's like that. won't talk to you or even make eye contact unless you make the initiative. the reason? she's a bitch. this guy just sounds like an ass. he may just bed insecure though...

Stirfry Guest
    Haha I think that would just tick him off, and then he'd be even more difficult. Yeah, he's like that with most girls.

Hahahaha gigabitch thats hilarios!

Um i would talk to him more often, he would maybe get used to you and start talking to you first. I went to school with one of those before, then he just came out of his shell....but when no one was around lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think he is shy. I like the idea of offering a bribe for him to speak to you. It's a cute way of flirting.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

He's terrified of you, Your a hottie I can tell. What are you doing Friday nite??
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    i know this girl at school who's like that. won't talk to you or even make eye contact unless you make the initiative. the reason? she's a bitch. this guy just sounds like an ass. he may just bed insecure though...
    No most people like that are insecure or lack confidence. I have found girls acting like that when i try chatting them up. To most people they seem like complete bitches with no personality. But in actual fact when you get to know them and get them to open up they usually are the most genuine people who simply just clam up around people they don't know
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

that may be the case... but this girl's a bitch

I'm still not sure if you said he does this around everyone or just women.

If it's everyone:
    If I had to guess, I would say he is simply an introvert. There are dozens of possible reasons for this. Whatever the reason is, he doesn't like, or at least doesn't actively seek out, human interaction. I am the same way.

This doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong with him, or that he is a jerk. He may be a really great guy once you get to know him.
    However, he probably doesn't have many friends, and he probably prefers his own company to that of others much of the time.

As forwhat to do, talk to him. Take initiative and make the first move. Don't be pushy or pressure him, but be friendly. Get to know him.
    If it seems he gets exasperated or angry when you try to talk to him, or if he responds in a similarly negative manner, just let him be. Some people really don't like other people.

If it's just girls:
    The same advice applies. Show him that you are friendly. Try to be happy and comfortable around him, and it will probably rub off on him. He will realize that you aren't something to fear, just another person.

Just take things easy and don't expect anything out of him.
    Last edited by Kismet; 27-07-07 at 06:21 AM.

Stirfry Guest
    I tried being friendly and taking initiative, but gave up after a while. I think he's just being immature and too self-focused. It's weird too because he's a really tall guy.. like 6'5. I wouldnt expect that kind of quietness from big people.. and I'm only 5'1. Are very tall people scared of tiny ppl? : P And yes it's mostly girls he's quiet around

I know some people are freaked out by midgets...

I hope you know I'm kidding. Anyway, Jurupa is a great example of a really tall guy who would never even consider dating someone under 5'7". Fair? Hell, no. Reasonable? Not really, but it's his choice.

Anyway, my point is, he might actually be dismissing you completely because you're too short for his gangly ass. It happens.
    Spammer Spanker

Stirfry Guest
    I don't want to date the guy, I just want to be friendly.

Yeah, but if he's really inexperienced, he might assume that simple friendliness is the same thing a proposition.

Guys make all manner of crap up.
    Spammer Spanker

leave him to die

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast