+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does he still care

does he still care

i need some advice.

over the summer, while i was away in a different state (where all my fam lives), i met this really great guy. he's seventeen, cute, really smart, hilarious, and someone who definitely thinks outside the box. he's extremely opinionated and we're always getting into arguements about stupid details, but honestly because of him it was one of the best summers i have ever had. he never pressured me to do anything more than what i wanted, and when i left in august, to go back 1000 miles away, it was pretty sad. still, we talked everyday.

however, recently he's seemed less and less interested in me. when we're online, he barely ever IMs me, and sometimes our conversations just die because he has nothing to add to them. then, he's extremely flirtatious, joking around with me and it's just like before. i'm going back to where he lives in a week, and basically i'm worried.

i'm not sure what to expect - i dont want to get my hopes up if he isn't at all interested in me, but the bottom line is i was in love with him and i dont want that to end. i also dont want to get worked up about something stupid. i don't know what's going on, and basically i just need some advice.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't think that you were in love with him. he was someone that filled the void temporary.

secondly if he's already showing signs that he's not interested, then he isn't. sure when he sees you he might get all flirtatious again, but that's only because he wants to sleep with you. that's how i would do it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Sadly, most people can't sustain a long-distance thing. This isn't anything about you or how he felt about you, it's just that he isn't capable to keeping the spark alive when he doesn't see you every day.

He is a teenage boy. Most of them have the attention span of gnats.

Things might start right back up again where they left off next week when you see him again, but not if you show up all wounded and accusatory. Sure, it's possible that he met someone else. It's even likely. So what? Remind him what it's like to be with you. You don't have any evidence that there's something to worry about yet, so don't freak yourself out.
    Spammer Spanker

I would try to go back with NO expectations ZERO. Leaves yourself open to heartache if you do. This way if things do turn out for you, YEA!!!

Dont read into things with him right now. Long distance stuff is just well not really what a guy at his age is about. but like Giga says go back with spark! Remind him of the great times and continue with those IF he's single.

Show him a good time!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.