+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you care what others think?

do you care what others think?

just a quick question. if you were really attracted to sum1 but your friends had different views on that person would that make a difference to you? does it really matter what they think?

Honestly, I could care less what anyone else thinks. As long as I'm happy with that person, then it shouldn't matter.
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

As you mature, what others think becomes less relevant.

Well, it depends on the situation. I mean, if it's one of those things where they think that you're going for someone who is clearly using others, i say it does matter. The whole point of a friend is to be by your side and help you with certain things. I had a friend who was smoking so much (a pack per day) and I had to say something about it. If I don't show that i care, am I really his friend? On the other hand if someone is saying things to you because of his/her own agenda, then it becomes irrelevant...and you should be able to pick up on those.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

If the quality of a person's character alone isn't enough to win you over, then what are you really looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Well, it depends on the situation. I mean, if it's one of those things where they think that you're going for someone who is clearly using others, i say it does matter. The whole point of a friend is to be by your side and help you with certain things. I had a friend who was smoking so much (a pack per day) and I had to say something about it. If I don't show that i care, am I really his friend? On the other hand if someone is saying things to you because of his/her own agenda, then it becomes irrelevant...and you should be able to pick up on those.
    You are right, Asip. In my orginal reply, I was jumping to the conclusion that the orginal poster was referring to physical attraction, as in "I like chubby girls/guys, but my friends think they are unattractive". It is true that it is important to know what qualities your friends are disapproving of. Sometime our friends/families see things in our love interests that our lust prevents us from seeing.

I dont let it influence me... But it doesn't mean they are always wrong.

*Sometimes friends are jealous. I just lost a good friend on the weekend because he's jealous I got the girl and he didn't.

*Sometimes friends are right. They notice you change when you are with your SO, and see them less.

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    You are right, Asip. In my orginal reply, I was jumping to the conclusion that the orginal poster was referring to physical attraction, as in "I like chubby girls/guys, but my friends think they are unattractive". It is true that it is important to know what qualities your friends are disapproving of. Sometime our friends/families see things in our love interests that our lust prevents us from seeing.
    Yea, shh!, I read the question in a general sense but you might be right, the poster does mention attraction, so I definitely agree with you. His friends are in no position of telling him to which girls he should be attracted to. If it's about something else, then the above would apply.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Looking at a physical point of view I would have to say absolutly not, my friends and family have no buisness with what kind of girl I am attracted to.

From a personality point of view, I would have to say I don't care jsut because I have always had a sense of seeing a relationship as a two person thing in wich other people should not (in theory) have any influence over (I know we dont live in a perfect world). I trust my own judgment in the personal qualities I look for in a partner

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If my friends or family can see something in a person that I am unable to see due to my current state of blindness then of course it matters.

My sister was going out with a complete as$hole who disrespected me and tried to belittled me in front of my sisters and in public for refusing to drink. My sister (though she denies it) didn't stand up to him for that and I told her from that day that who she was going out with was an as$hole and I wanted nothing to do with him, and wanted little to do with her until she left him.

So yes, I do believe what other people think can matter.

Physical or mental. Whatever the attraction is, I dont think your friends need to have any influence.

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Well considering I really dont care what anyone thinks no matter what the situation is..I doubt this one would be any different then.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    Physical or mental. Whatever the attraction is, I dont think your friends need to have any influence.

Mick
    But wait, mini696...the mental part..it's like saying...she's using you but you don't see it, and your friend does, you wouldn't want to be warned?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    But wait, mini696...the mental part..it's like saying...she's using you but you don't see it, and your friend does, you wouldn't want to be warned?
    'Zactly my point.

Love makes you blind if you're not careful.

It's good to get an outside opinion.

but sometimes you just have to do what you need to do. If you know what I mean. Because you can always use this experiance as a spring board into your future.

Josh
    You may not think you are the world of someone, but to someone you are their whole world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast