+ Follow This Topic

Thread: anonymous questions

anachronistic Guest

anonymous questions

alright, let's put you in someone's shoes.

scenario:

you're a regular, you've been here for a few years, not well liked.

problem:

every time you ask for advice, the way people respond is based on how the other users get along with you. This can be a problem, especially when people do not like you very much, and they just tend to either ignore your thread altogether or derail it completely.

solutions:

1. create an actual regulars group. allow the members of the regular group to post anonymous questions in the advice sections oof the forum.

cons:

it wouldn't be entirely private, since it would be in every section of the forum, mods would need to log ip's.

pros:

you'd be defining a regular group, which could be good, if all the regulars became members of the group.

2. create a forum section where every thread/post is anonymous (even to the mods)

cons:

you'd have to take away the mod's ability to log ip's and everything for this section.

pros:

you wouldn't have to moderate this section much, as personal flaming would be impossible. the only moderating necessary would be inappropriate topics.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 01-10-07 at 03:24 AM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ??? if you really want to get advice and not have it derailed, there are PMs. you can pm vash and seek her advice or you can pm friz and ask him to stop harassing you haha.

you don't have to pm me because i never bother to use it. i say what i need to say on the public forums.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    ??? if you really want to get advice and not have it derailed, there are PMs. you can pm vash and seek her advice or you can pm friz and ask him to stop harassing you haha.

you don't have to pm me because i never bother to use it. i say what i need to say on the public forums.

raverboy
    yes, that's all you can do now. anonymous posts would create a whole new window for this forum. i personally do not want to have to resort to pming every time i need advice. plus there is always that one factor: the "z0mg! guess what [insert user here] just askd me!!!!11111"

there are ridiculous things that people like to ask all the time, i'd assume they'd rather ask those anonymously than have a bunch of shit attached to their alias.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is no anonymity with the regulars. We all would recognize who wrote what. I agree that if you want advice from someone in particular, or if you DON'T want advice from the whole group, you should PM someone whose advice you value.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    yes, that's all you can do now. anonymous posts would create a whole new window for this forum. i personally do not want to have to resort to pming every time i need advice. plus there is always that one factor: the "z0mg! guess what [insert user here] just askd me!!!!11111"

there are ridiculous things that people like to ask all the time, i'd assume they'd rather ask those anonymously than have a bunch of shit attached to their alias.
    i dunno you and you'll never meet me in life. on the real, you know nothing about me and you won't really care if i like/hate you. i think that's anonymous enough.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Lilwing, this is a forum. If you choose to post threads on issues you will be exposed to all! Thats kinda the beauty of this place. People come and go, if youre here long enough you get to know whose who and you take a liking to. I doubt highly the concept would be considered. Like Raver says, just pm someone you trust.

Ive been a Mod too, and Mods had certain things they had to kinda abide by at the time. Dont know now.

This is a great place with alot of diversity which is great a forum. If someone thinks theyre going to be put down or whatever, just dont post in that thread or start a thread. When you post you always expose yourself to something! Good and Bad!

Honestly, if youre troubled with someone, you've been here long enough, you know who you can trust, just pm the person. I did that for alot of newbies years ago. I had received a lot of pms and I just talked to them through that, they'll let you know if theyre willing to talk!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey LW, a forum like this can teach you to mentally filter out crap. Anyone that spouts useless shit is doing it for their own reasons, remember that. Maybe a question triggers something that reminds them of some issue of their own. Don't take it personally, & ignore the advice that isn't useful to you. Just like in real life.