+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Tattoo Questions.

Post Tattoo Questions.

None of my friends have tattoos, but I wanted one so I got one. That leaves me with very few people to talk to in real life about them.

I got a simple one. It's a word, but kind of morphed into a tribalish design. At first glance most people think it's just a "cool looking design" but yet embedded is an inspirational word. I spent about 40 hours on it to get it how I wanted and sure enough it's permanent.

Well, it's jet black, sharp lines, and filled in solid. My question is this. Some people have been telling me to expect to go back for a touchup because black is hard to get right the first time. So far (it's 2 days old) it looks good, and is starting to take the transition to looking like shit, which they told me is expected during the 2 week healing process.

Anyway, my question is this. When you go get it touched up, (I know nothing about the tattooing process since I'm not an artist) can they go DIRECTLY over top of the pre-existing design? Reason I ask is because of a tattoo my buddy has. He has a design with very small text around it and some of the letters are unreadable. I was wondering if they were to touch up that particular tattoo and go over it, would the lines (which are very close together) run together? It makes me think of a sharpee. If you draw a line with a sharpee, then go over top of it, the ink kind of bleeds out just a hair thicker than the original line you drew. Granted, it's a marker and paper, but still. It's a question I wanted to bring up.

Also - does anybody have any suggested after care or "what to expect" suggestions? Figured I'd ask that while I'm here typing this.

I know little about tattoos but a friend of mine recently got one done on his shoulder. It's large and is multi-coloured. Anyway, he puts some sort of cream on, not sure what it is. Has the guy/girl who did it given you anything or suggested anything? He could be just using ordinary moisturiser, I don't know. Also, he's getting a little bit of redness and peeling, which is apparently normal and will pass.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My dream would be to get my swastika tattoo without worrying about being judged by anyone.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would think of it as an open wound subject to infection.

Wash it with an antibacterial soap, and then pat it dry. Don't soak it, as it will delay the scabbing period and leave you more prone to infection. You probably have to apply some sort of anti-bacterial ointment to it afterwards.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    My dream would be to get my swastika tattoo without worrying about being judged by anyone.
    A couple of months ago my house mate drew swastikas all over the bottom of my sufboard as a prank. I didn't see them till I was out in the water. Had to walk home looking like I was sponsored by the nazi party.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Isn't the Swastika a sign of peace and harmony that was just bastardized by that fool known as Hitler?

Quote Originally Posted by blue toxin View Post
    Isn't the Swastika a sign of peace and harmony that was just bastardized by that fool known as Hitler?
    I think there's another sign that is a swastika but turned another way that symbolises that

Both are Anasazi symbols, from right here in dusty old New Mexico. Personally, I have no problem with Fras taking it back, just like I think liberals should reclaim the American flag and gay people aren't the only people who get to have rainbows on their cars.
    Spammer Spanker

whatever you do, don't scratch the tattoo and post a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    I think there's another sign that is a swastika but turned another way that symbolises that
    i so didn't mean to say swastika

oo...FAITH

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    oo...FAITH
    Yep. It's a design I came up with during a boring lecture at school. Shortly after I ended up deciding to get it tattooed. Five weeks later, this was the final result in ink.

I really hate to be the kind of guy to sit around like aww my life sucks blah blah blah... cause it doesn't. But a lot of my close friends were really surprised at how crazy things were when it came to my parent's divorce and everything else during my early years. There's a lot to the story. Nonetheless, I've just come to realize that if you believe in yourself and keep faith through everything, then even your wildest dreams can become reality.

I guess it's just my permanent reminder to keep positive.

Tattoos are for wimps, get a scarification.

that's pretty cool looking, BT
    it doesn't seem to me like the lines are so close together that they'd merge if they did become a bit thicker when re-drawing them, but then again I have no idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast