+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heart brake by death.

Heart brake by death.

Hey everybody, im new here and i dont know i kinda have been very depressed, I really need help, i fell for this guy that was everything i could ever want, he was stalking me and i didnt know it till he got the guts to talk to me, and i fell for him the min he smiled at me.. i spent ever day with him for two weeks and then i got mad at him because he said he would chill with me but he ditched me for his friends so i didnt talk to him for 2 day, i finely missed him so much that i didnt care anymore, so i called him and his mom answered and it turns out he drowned the night he was supose to hang out with me, its been 5 months and i haven't gone a min without thinking about him.. does ANYBODY know what i can do to move on and get him out of my head, because it kills me, i dont know how much longer i can last..

No matter how a relationship ends, by death or by breaking up, the best way to get over someone is to try not to dwell on it, get out, and get to know other people. Even if you don't fall for someone for a long time, just going out and having fun with friends helps. As romantic as lingering over someone's memory seems, whether they're dead or not, it's not good for you.

This applies to anyone trying to get over someone.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, that's really sad. Considering you are only 16, I am guessing this may have been the first person you've actually known that has died, especially at a young age. Death of a young person is especially difficult to handle emotionally because it really goes against the laws of nature, especially when they weren't even sick. I really think it might be helpful if you were to talk to a grief counselor, sweety. They might be able to help you process your feelings. Grief and the associated feelings of guilt (and even anger) are normal stages of the grieving process, unfortunately, and it takes everyone varying lengths of time to get through them.

Have you talked to your parents about this? Because I would want to know if my kid was having these kinds of feelings so I could try to help. If you don't think you can talk to your parents, maybe there is another adult you feel close to who can help you get the counseling you need?
    Last edited by vashti; 19-11-07 at 06:48 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's really rough. Death of people is seriously the worst thing to go through. Time will help though, there is no way to make this an easy thing to get through

Tell your parents. Seek professional help.
    [url]www.myspace.com/michael_does_not_like_you[/url]

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Yes, seek help from a professional.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Agree. You should speak to your parents or a school counsoler (if not at least to a teacher you trust). They may refer you to a professional.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by bananavan316 View Post
    Hey eso i called him and his mom answered and it turns out he drowned the night he was supose to hang out with me, its been 5 months and i haven't gone a min without thinking about him.. .
    It must be very hard to comprehend. He could've been alive if only he went out with you instead of his friends. He could have saved his life by going out with you. But sadly this is not the choice he made. He chose his friends and thus to die. You have nothing to feel guilty about (if in fact you were harbouring any of those feelings). If you had a chance to speak to him you can bet that he would be regretting his decision right now.

Perhaps things could have been different, but you had no control over that. What happened would have happened regardless of you. It's okay to miss somebody for whom you had feelings. With time your grief will go away.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Thats how i felt at first but then there is that chance that he died because it was his time and he would have died no matter who he was with or what he was doing and if he was with me when he died i probably wouldn't be alive right now.. I guess God new that and made him ditch me i guess.. i dont know.. this has really tested my faith..
    I'm Ready to let go.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you a religious girl? You should talk to your pastor/rabbi/imam/preist... they are experts at dealing with grief.

I know my rabbi would say that God was not responsible for the death of your friend (that could be chalked up to "shit happens"), but God's presence is apparent in the way people reach out to one another for comfort in the aftermath... you know.. that sense of connection.
    Last edited by vashti; 20-11-07 at 09:14 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    And I would say (if I were a professional) that death is a part of the cycle of life, in fact, it is the ultimate culmination of life, and that you should be celebrating how he lived, not how he died. He is there, watching you somewhere.

Anyway, I have known a lot of people dealing with death recently and thats the comforting statement that I have found works the best.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.