+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Totally Lost

Totally Lost

Its been over 2 months now since my ex and I broke up.

Right now I am totally lost, I feel so alone. I have friends who are there for me, Im in a fantastic job but yet I feel so damn alone and Ive been neglecting my appearance etc etc.

I try to move on, but I cant. I dont understand why it ended at all.

Its the feeling of being lost thats the worst part. I dont feel like a man nor do I have any confidence.

So you never had any closure? thats the hard part about it, and maybe the reason you aren't able to move on or let go. Do you guys still talk at all? if so, discuss why it didn't work..could'nt hurt to talk about it.

It's always the same after a break up. Give it time, lots, try to do things u enjoy, like hobbies, go out with friends. Read the bible (if u have a religion) it helps big time!

Don't:
    1.Listen to sad songs (they'll just remind you)
    2.Stay in touch (unless u want to get more hurt)
    3.Think it's the end of the world, because it's not, it may seem like it. But u'll survive!

Take it slow, it's a process, can't rush it nor skip it, sadly!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

Did you give yourself time to grieve, tao? I think you should set aside some wallow time and after that, hire somebody to keep an eye on you for awhile, like a personal trainer, maybe. If you have an appointment to meet someone at the gym a couple of days a week, you WILL pull it together.

I think it might be unreasonable for you to expect to be over a breakup after only a couple of months. For some people, it takes years. (Yes, guys too.)
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by xmoongirlx View Post
    It's always the same after a break up. Give it time, lots, try to do things u enjoy, like hobbies, go out with friends. Read the bible (if u have a religion) it helps big time!

Don't:
    1.Listen to sad songs (they'll just remind you)
    2.Stay in touch (unless u want to get more hurt)
    3.Think it's the end of the world, because it's not, it may seem like it. But u'll survive!

Take it slow, it's a process, can't rush it nor skip it, sadly!
    I gree with moongirl(do those x's on the sides of your nick mean you X rated?)... Give it at least 6 months to feel better... The most important thing is: NO CONTACT! under any circumstances!!!
    If she calls you-ignore her
    if she texts you-ignore her
    if she e-mails you..... well you get the idea.
    Last edited by SONOIL; 27-11-07 at 12:10 AM.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

LOL I've been using this username for God knows how long! the X doesn't mean X-rated LMAO!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

Quote Originally Posted by xmoongirlx View Post
    LOL I've been using this username for God knows how long! the X doesn't mean X-rated LMAO!
    singing: ...I-mA-GI-NATION...im-aGi-nation...i-Ma-gI-naTion....
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

Many thanks for all the kind advice.

We spoke tonight on the phone for over an hour. We had a good laugh on the phone, talking about all sorts of things as if nothing bad happened. We spoke about our relationship and she is steadfast in saying she only sees me as a friend, nothing else.

That's the painful thing about it all. No real reason as to why it ended. Apparently Im in her thoughts and she doesnt want to shut me away even though I have suggested this twice these last few weeks.

I feel better a bit, Im starting to get a hold of things and slowly get back to normal. Im almost over my bad anxiety and sadness, but speaking to my ex it does feel that we still have a connection of some sorts. I still miss her terribly and I have told her that.

Maybe there is a slight chance this situation could change? Maybe if we keep talking regular..

Did you not read what everyone wrote?? Stop talking to her. The situation will not change. You will continue to miss her terribly until you shut her out completely and allow the feelings to begin to fade away.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

She shouldn't talk to you. It's cruel.
    Spammer Spanker