+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Poetry

Poetry

When Valentine's Day comes 'round, I will buy 2 or 3 girls a carnation. Due to my low popularity I cannot place my name on them, I will mark them as "From: A Secret Admirer". If the carnations have messages attached to them, I will use one of these two poems:

You may find me awkward or strange,
    In popularity, I'm below your range,
    I'll always find you attractive and cute,
    But my identity, I'll keep mute.

I'm very quiet and shy,
    Me loving you, you can always rely,
    This gift, from who you'd least expect,
    So my identity, you'll never correct.

Are these good poems? Is the rhyme scheme nice? Does it make things all... Mystery-like?
    Last edited by yppiZ; 08-12-07 at 11:50 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yppiZ View Post
    When Valentine's Day comes 'round, I will buy 2 or 3 girls a carnation. Due to my low popularity I cannot place my name on them, I will mark them as "From: A Secret Admirer". If the carnations have messages attached to them, I will use one of these two poems:

I'm very quiet and shy,

Are these good poems? Is the rhyme scheme nice? Does it make things all... Mystery-like?
    Trust me, they're good poems, but these are not things that you want to send to a valentine.

You mention yourself in a negative way. I think the girls would take them as "I think you're really cute but because I'm so ugly and nerdy, we'll never be together."

How do you want them to take it? I'd think something more like "You are a really wonderful girl, I want to know you more, meet me [place and time] if you're interested." Talk less about yourself in the poems, and more about them. What exactly about them do you find attractive and cute? Those are the things you want to portray, that is the difference between "This poem is really deep" and "I've heard this a thousand times"

Anyway, that's my insight. Hope it helps, and good luck! (Valentine's day is an awfully long time away)

Oh, and NEVER EVER mention the word "love" unless you have been in an intimate relationship for a couple of months. What you feel is not necessarily love, and that word tends to scare girls away.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 08-12-07 at 01:59 PM.

Oh, for God's sake. YippZ, quit squirming around on the ground, belly-up in front of your betters. Do you have to be so ****ing sycophantic? "Oh, I adore you, but I am not worthy of your gaze, you goddess, so I must remain behind this mask..."

Bla bla bla. You are so self-indulgent with this crap. I want to shake you. Maybe I'll get in the car, drive to wherever you are and shake you.

Do NOT waste your sweet, precious life sucking up to girls who don't know or care that you exist. Have some self respect. Maybe if you respected yourself, someone else might. You're not some loathsome troll or something, you're just a little weird, and a lot whiny. So knock it off.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Oh, for God's sake. YippZ, quit squirming around on the ground, belly-up in front of your betters. Do you have to be so ****ing sycophantic? "Oh, I adore you, but I am not worthy of your gaze, you goddess, so I must remain behind this mask..."

Bla bla bla. You are so self-indulgent with this crap. I want to shake you. Maybe I'll get in the car, drive to wherever you are and shake you.

Do NOT waste your sweet, precious life sucking up to girls who don't know or care that you exist. Have some self respect. Maybe if you respected yourself, someone else might. You're not some loathsome troll or something, you're just a little weird, and a lot whiny. So knock it off.
    Listen to Giga. She knows stuff.

And ****ing stop it.

LostNotFound Guest

wooah go giga!

dude come on - love yourself and life

I will take you at the Poolboy Academy, yippZ. After six months of intensive training, you'll come out positively smug because you'll know just what a woman wants and how to give it to her.

From Cocktail class with Illusional and Moral Integrity and Electric Guitar with Mishanya to the final How To **** Like Rom Jeremy class taught by Misombra and the Proper Subservient Attitide class taught by Vashti, you'll be exposed to every facet of the glittering life of a Poolboy.

You've got PB potential, yippZ. You might even learn how to clean a pool.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I'm very quiet and shy,
    Change that last word to "suspect".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

you're just a little weird.
    *Immensely weird.

anachronistic Guest
    *Immensely weird.
    .... with a beard.

Moral Integrity and Electric Guitar with Mishanya
    Heh heh

I will only teach those skills due to my duty as the club President
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    .... with a beard.
    Please tell me that was just a poetry joke.

You posted the pic with the beard that was seared permanently into all of our inner eyes. You have only yourself to blame, sweet cheeks.
    Spammer Spanker