+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She still loves her ex.

She still loves her ex.

I'm 17 years old, and I've liked this girl for about 6 months now. It isn't one of those normal girlfriend things either. I mean I really think I love this girl.

Anyways about 4 months ago I asked her out and she told me that she still loves her ex. She said they have been through alot the pass year and she doesn't know how things will work out. She told me that she didn't want me to wait on her,but I wanted to wait on her.

Anyways after going on several dates my confidences began to build back up. I still had the idea that she wasn't ready so I was pressuring her to do anything. We was watching a movie at one of our friends house and I gradually placed my hand next to hers. After I while she grabbed my hand, looked at me and asked if that was what I wanted. I think my heart skipped a couple beats. I finally thought we were getting somewhere.

Anyways at the end of the night we were lying in the bed looking into each others eyes. Trying not to pressure her, I asked her if she would accept the offer of a kiss. She accepted. I had finally gotten a kiss out of a girl that I have thought the world of the past 6 months.

The next day we were talking and she told me that she thought we were moving too fast. I agreed with her, and told her that was the reason I was so scared that I was putting her under pressure. She told me that I deserved someone who wasn't stupid like she was (for still loving her ex I assume. Even after she found out he talks about her like she is nothing more than dirt.) We were very distant the next 2 days. Finally I decided to give her a call because I didn't want things to end on those terms. I told her that I realize what she is going through and that I know she needs space. We have been talking quiet a bit the past couple days, and I love it. I still lose hope though. even when I talk to her.

At this point I don't know what to do. I've loved this girl for 6 months, and I DON'T want to move on, but my mind is telling me to move on. I'm so scared I'm going to lose her. I think about her before I go to sleep, and as soon as I wake up. I can't get things done, and the only thing I want to do is sleep. I'm depressed over this girl.

What should I do? Please help.
    Last edited by Thatguy92790; 14-12-07 at 09:54 AM.

Don't be her puppy, for starters. That may sound harsh, but women are flesh-eaters. They will devour your soul if you set it out on a silver platter for them. You've put yourself out there, you've made yourself available and she is being wishy-washy. Next time, make her work for your time. Make her be the one to call YOU. Be nice to her, but not overly friendly. Make it clear that the ball is in HER court.

I'm only saying this because you claim you are already in love with her. Next time a girl starts to bring up things not being emotionally resolved with her ex WALK AWAY. If there is one thing I have learned it is that with women like that no one is going to measure up to the elusive ex and I have better things (and people) to spend time and money on. So do you.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpoNovak View Post
    Don't be her puppy, for starters. That may sound harsh, but women are flesh-eaters. They will devour your soul if you set it out on a silver platter for them. You've put yourself out there, you've made yourself available and she is being wishy-washy. Next time, make her work for your time. Make her be the one to call YOU. Be nice to her, but not overly friendly. Make it clear that the ball is in HER court.

I'm only saying this because you claim you are already in love with her. Next time a girl starts to bring up things not being emotionally resolved with her ex WALK AWAY. If there is one thing I have learned it is that with women like that no one is going to measure up to the elusive ex and I have better things (and people) to spend time and money on. So do you.
    Great post.

Get away from this situation before you get killed. It's not going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy92790 View Post
    I'm so scared I'm going to lose her.
    Dude, you never had her. How can you lose what you never had?

Cut contact for a while, get out and see people. Tell some friends what's going on. Go to some parties. Kiss someone else.

Give yourself a fighting chance to get over her. Right now, you're wallowing.
    Spammer Spanker

Give up the girl or make things serious
    "You attract people by the qualities you display. You keep them by the qualities you possess"

Gigabitch I love how you are so blunt lol. The first thing you always say is so harsh but you end up telling what needs to be heard.

Thanks guys. My best friend told me to wait on her to call me if she needs me. I guess you could say I was being a puppy dog. I called her way more than she called me. That has stopped though.

Great responses though guys. I love them. I've made up my mind and I figured that what ever is gonna happen will happen. I'll talk to her at school and stuff, but the ONLY way i will talk/go places with her outside of school is if she calls me.