+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think im in love with one of my best friends...

I think im in love with one of my best friends...

I always had a crush on her but nothing that I could not ignore easily...

The problem now is that I never can stop thinking about her, I think about her almost every minute of the day(is that creepy?)

Everytime I see her I want to tell her but I feel that it might ruin our friendship.

Sometimes I cant even sleep because of this, I actually feel pain which is strange cause I though that was not possible...

Im 19 years olf right now, I dont know what love is, but this feels like it, I dont know what to do

Anyone......

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its pretty normal. She's your friend & therefore familiar to you. There's comfort in familiarity. The feelings themselves are just hormones & will pass with time. They feel urgent but aren't, we all went thru this phrase.

In terms of what to do, either let her know how you feel if appropriate or spend time with other girls/friends to take your mind off her.

Do you have hobbies? Get out w/other friends? You shouldn't be focussing on this girl to the exclusion of all else, friend, girlfriend or otherwise.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I just feel connected to her.

Example would be were thinking the same thing at the same exact time and we say the same exact words or start singing the same song at the exact moment without even noticing...

I never felt that way before. dont know what to do, everytime I leave her I feel sad.

About hanging out with other girls...

Heres the thing, no offense to you other girls but I hate most girls, only like about 2-3 in my life, and nothing like this.
    Last edited by Chris7; 04-03-08 at 01:46 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I already said why that connection happens & why its common at your age.

As to other girls, I agree, at 19 many will seem immature. This is the type of thing that will resolve itself as your get older. Try not to close yourself off to possibility prematurely.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

So I should not...tell her I guess

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey! No I didn't mean you shouldn't tell her, just try to put your feelings in perspective, that's all.

If you are reasonably sure she likes you back, then I would suggest you do tell her how you feel. If you aren't sure, but she's available, still tell her.

Just keep it friendly & light. If she doesn't seem to return your interest, then no big deal. You can decide whether you want to stay friends or not should that happen.

But, given how attached you seem, I would suggest at least some time away from her if she doesn't like you back. Just to sort yourself out.

But, if you are as close as you say, chances are good that she has been feeling the same way. Good luck.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I want to but I forgot to mention this part, she is bassically the most confused person when it comes to her feelings because a year back she was in love with some jerk and its been a year since then(maybe a bit more) I feel that she would be afraid if I say anything.

I seem to have gotten myself into a messed up situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Same advice, just go gently.

As for waiting, just think... the longer you wait, the more time wasted you could have spent <you fill in the blank>.

Wait long enough tho & you may find someone else fills that blank.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I just dont know a way about going gentle when telling someone I love them...

I cant even think of a subliminal way...

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Hey! No I didn't mean you shouldn't tell her, just try to put your feelings in perspective, that's all.

If you are reasonably sure she likes you back, then I would suggest you do tell her how you feel. If you aren't sure, but she's available, still tell her.

Just keep it friendly & light. If she doesn't seem to return your interest, then no big deal. You can decide whether you want to stay friends or not should that happen.

But, given how attached you seem, I would suggest at least some time away from her if she doesn't like you back. Just to sort yourself out.

But, if you are as close as you say, chances are good that she has been feeling the same way. Good luck.
    totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Chris7 View Post
    Im 19 years olf right now, I dont know what love is, but this feels like it, I dont know what to do
    Infatuation? I think is the word you're looking for?

I agree with Indi. "I love you" is a very powerful word combination. It's reserved for the deepest most fulfiling connection and a relationship to a person. Having not experienced a lot of these deep connections yet, you risk completly overwhelming the girl if you say this to her at this point in time. She just, won't be able to rationalize it logically and affirm it emotionally because you haven't gone through those deep emotional / physical experiences yet that would justify these words. It will make it difficult for her to be around you since it will create a conflict, an inconsistency between your current relationship and the power behind these words.

Instead of saying it, why not build a better connection with her? Take her out somewhere, make her feel comfortable with you. Listen to her, give her attention, make her laugh and then slowly after a bit of time when she starts to get comfortable with a closer connection with you maybe you will find a way take it on a more physical level, like a kiss. Once you are on a more intimate level and you share a much deeper connection with one another it will be a lot easier for you to say these words and for her to accept it. She will be able to justify it and accept it due to her own intimate feelings and your close history together.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

"Take her out somewhere, make her feel comfortable with you. Listen to her, give her attention, make her laugh"

I have done all of this on many occasions, concerts,movies, I talk to her so much its not even funny

yesterday I talked to her for 4 hours online and 1 hour on the phone just about normal things and problems that she was having.

I think im just going to kiss her next time im alone with her...Im always in the position to anyways, we usally rent a movie and lay down and watch it when we have nothing better to do.

Perfect chance I guess...

What might help is if you build up to the kiss with more intimacy. Use your body more when you talk to her, it has to be natural. Touch is your friend. When she does something good, you can pat her, when she's sad you can hug her, when you meet her you can kiss her on the cheek. Once this intimacy becomes a natural routine a kiss on the lips doesn't really feel awkward, it feels like a natural progression.

Good luck
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well I always hold her and hug her when im with her and shes sad, I also do a couple weird things that make her laugh that have to do with the whole touch thing.

Never been one to kiss on the cheek when I see someone, more of a hug person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast