+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Older man......

Older man......

Im 19 years old and recently started seeing a 29 year old. I love being with him and the feeling is mutual. I havnt seen him since sunday and im aching to be around him. I havnt felt like this before and my concern is the age gap. I wouldnt know how to tell my parents as I dont know how they would react? When we are together the age gap isnt an issue though. We dont realise its there. His also not the typical look I go for and I suppose im worried about what people will think. Anybody have any advice for my situation as at the moment im feeling a bit lost. Thanks in advance!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your parents aren't going to like it, period. If what they think is central to your sanity, then don't do it.

I personally don't think this gap will be a big deal in a few years, when you are maybe 24 or so, At which point, your parents probably won't be shocked, either.

Unless he has children... If he has children, I suggest you walk away now.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, if it were MY parents, my Dad would likely kill him.

I'd watch yourself, too. I'm 28, so I know a lot of males in this age range. When one of my guy friends starts dating a much younger girl, it's not once been with the intention of a long term relationship, if you know what I mean. It's just usually 'fun' for awhile until they find someone more suitable.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    damn these guys are good... i'm not even 29 yet, but i'm still envious.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't be jealous, illusional. You don't really want anyone under 21. You like the bars too much.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

age is not a matter, i believe.
    i'm 8 yrs older than my gf, we don't have problem communicating and everything was perfect!!
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Don't be jealous, illusional. You don't really want anyone under 21. You like the bars too much.
    well that is true, but then we can always drink at house parties, and i can imagine like i'm back in high school or something.

raverboy

Thanks for the replys everybody! The general feeling is that I should walk away and the age gap will be a problem.

He doesnt have children. How naive as I might sound now I really dont think he is using me either. He brought me a toothbrush to leave at his flat, he stocks his kitchen with things he knows I like, he hung my painting on his wall. If you just want fun I dont think you do that.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzagrazza View Post
    Thanks for the replys everybody! The general feeling is that I should walk away and the age gap will be a problem.

He doesnt have children. How naive as I might sound now I really dont think he is using me either. He brought me a toothbrush to leave at his flat, he stocks his kitchen with things he knows I like, he hung my painting on his wall. If you just want fun I dont think you do that.
    i'd buy you the entire toiletry set if you come over to my place every weekend. i'd even keep the liquor stocked just for us.

raverboy

Just take it slow and make sure you're using good contraception. If he's the real deal, you'll see it eventually. If not, you haven't lost anything.

He has a responsibility to you because you're so much younger to treat you gently and respectfully, but there are never any guarantees. If you keep your eyes open, you'll be able to see trouble coming a mile away. Until then, enjoy yourself.

Your parents are no longer in a position to make decisions for you, and if they've raised you right, you have the ability to make good decisions for yourself.
    Spammer Spanker