+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Double Life Seeking Advice [READ]

My Double Life Seeking Advice [READ]

Im living a double life. I wish one didnt exist. I wasnt expecting things to get to serious and now im all caught up. Well my first life, im your average girl, college student, great friends, music and writing is a passion. Just your everyday type of innocent girl. My second life, is my internet life. Im Japanese, college girl, single, loves fashion. At first everything was just for fun. It wasnt suppose to go on more then for a couple of seconds. I just needed to fill my boredom. But then them seconds became hours, and now their days...and i know weeks will be next! Well as pretending to be this Asian girl, I met the perfect guy! Well atleast everything seems so great between us. I wasnt hoping to get so attach to this guy. We chat everyday, and now hes becoming more of a bestfriend...and soon it will be leading to more. It seems as if I forgot all about who i truly am. I eat and sleep this new life, im starting do new things i wouldnt normaly do. When I look in the mirro I see a totally different new person. But the issue isnt really focusing on trying to get me back to normal. I want things to go futher with this guy, but how can I now. I cant possibly tell him the truth, about who I really am. I want him to be with the real me and not the fake me. Any suggestions on what I can do to make him like and meet The REAL me without him finding out about the FAKE me and getting rit of this life???
    Last edited by booilyx3; 25-03-08 at 10:15 PM.

I think you need to reexamine this "filling your boredom" thing. I've been bored before. Really bored. I've never created a fake persona and gone out trolling for guys, though. Is there something wrong with the real you? Why did you do this to yourself?

If you want to slip your real self into his life, introduce the idea of your real self as a friend of Fake You. Then let Fake You start to lose interest in him. Maybe he'll turn to Real You for advice, and you can tell him that Fake You is really just a big liar.

Ironic, huh?
    Spammer Spanker

you say you've been 'eating and sleeping' your 'fake life, and you can't get back to the 'real you'. so theoretically, that would mean that the 'fake you' has actually CEBECOME the 'real you'. and you say this guy you are head over hels for likes the 'fake you', which means it all works out...doesn't it?

>_< i know if i told him who i really was he will never go for the real me. its sad because i love him now and he doesnt even know who i really am

Right.

1. While a fake persona can be appealing to seem different, more interesting or not to divulge personal details for anonymity it will have to be pretty similar to your current persona in order to drop the shroud and develop the relationship. Otherwise it is what it is. Just something to kill boredom.

Honestly, if a girl would claim to be a model with a passion for beer and cars there'd be a dozen douchebags standing in line to act interested, but its still worth zero.

2. Just as a comment, it seems strange to me that so many people "love" people who they've only met on the internet. The web does not necessarily equal the real person, and thus it is a hasty conclusion to draw before you even get to meet them. So hold up.

3. As for your current issue, you have two choices. Either it remains the same as it is now, with pretending and just being a thing to deal with killing time.

Or.

While being deceptive can be harmful you can try to make use of it. Say, for example, if he hasn't seen what you look like on a photo (assuming you'd in that case send a fake one) you could correct that..Err...You're half-japanese or something (if you got black hair), and just claim to be japanese. That's might not a difficult thing for him to swallow. And I don't see how being interested in music and writing is worse than being interested in fashion. It all depends on what you've said so far.

Or.

Tell the truth about it. In which case he will either leave you or stay to get to know the real you, and what is and what aint you.

What is so wrong with the real you?What makes you so sure he would never go for the real you?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    introduce the idea of your real self as a friend of Fake You. Then let Fake You start to lose interest in him. Maybe he'll turn to Real You for advice, and you can tell him that Fake You is really just a big liar.
    Daaaaaamn, I was JUST going to post the exact same thing. LOL! We are so related... my dad's side has irish way back there someplace...never know w/those potato farmers.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i did introduce myself to him. but he seem less interested in me. i didnt hit on him of course, but he didnt fine me attract at all and believe me im not bad looking. just not his type, i guess. im a tanish color, and i remember him telling the FAKE me he only sees beauty in paleness. which pretty much hurt. >_< i dont know what too do. i tryed to end it so many times but it seems as if one of us just keeps coming back to each other. me and him are rather close now, and i know if i tell him who i really am, he will leave. I know nothings impossible, so their has to be a way without me getting caught at the same time >_<

I don't know that there is a way to figure it out without getting caught.And do you really want that?Imagine you did find a way, and sometime later he learned the truth....

Keep in mind that if he likes the "fake you" He is not going to judge the real you fairly.He may have been attracted to you, had it not been for the fake you.I really don't see any way for it to work and work well, without you just telling him =/ The worst that could happen is it doesn't work out, but where is it going now? =/

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, sure it can work. Just think Cyrano de Bergerac with multiple personality disorder.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by booilyx3 View Post
    me and him are rather close now
    No, you aren't. He's only close to Fake You, so it's all just bullshit.
    Spammer Spanker