+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice needed!

Advice needed!

Hello everyone. I am in college and have never really had a serious girl friend. This spring I met a girl that I really get along well with. We have really bonded as good friends and I'm starting to think it could go further than that.
    The big problem is, she has a boyfriend. She almost never talks about him with me. We are together almost every day, sometimes for 6+ hours with class/work. We talk on the phone every day sometimes for a half hour and I feel like I am with her more than her boyfriend (who is home for summer). She flirts with me here and there and tends to lead me on.
    I feel like I need to tell her my feelings and see what she says, or at least bring up the fact that I am with her more than her boyfriend. We have a lot in common and are taking classes together in the fall, so I'm thinking I shouldn't rush saying something. Any advice on what I should do would be really helpful! sorry for the rant...

Have you told her that your with her more than her boyfriend?
    Tell her to give you an update on how things are going on, and If it's pretty far into something that can become serious, don't get involved.
    Just treat her as a friend, and enjoy the time spent together.

P.S. I have had this happen with a friend of mine too, we're just dance partners , but she a very good personality and would love to find someone like her to have around.

I suggest you use her personality to find someone that matches it, If you feel comfortable with a person like her.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

I would advice not to say or do anything while she is with her bf, treat her as a friend.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Don't **** with other peoples relationship till their done with it. As soon as she breaks up, she's fair game. But then again you may get stuck in the friend zone.

You shouldn't tell her about feeling which you have. Have you tried to kiss her? Ask her for a date with you. Buy flower, some surprise for her and in the end kiss her. IF this will work she is yours and forget about bf.
    [url=http://getans.com]Dating Advice[/url]

What the hell is with so many people trying to mess with someone in a relationship? They are NOT available. What if you told her how you felt and she decided to break up with her boyfriend? Do you think you're that prince that she'll never leave? She'll do the same shit to you when someone better rolls along.

Don't tell her your feelings. You'll put stress on her and she'll want to break the friendship off unless she's a tramp that leaves her boyfriend for you... but then again, as I said, she will most likely do the same to you.

You need to establish boundaries with girls in relationships. They aren't your flirting toy. She is in the wrong too, but you should still know better. It's disrespectful.

There's always the probability they'll break up and you can be the consoling fren and gain her trust and so on and so forth. Just make sure the guy isn;t your fren. Its just weird.

Tedel Guest
    Telling her is decidedly a bad idea.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think there is anything wrong here, except that you may be wasting your energy. She isn't married, so she is still available if she chooses to be. (sorry, boys.)

Tell her it is a shame she has a boyfriend, because if she didn't, you would ask her out. Or tell her when she dumps her boyfriend, you intend to ask her out. This is called "competition". Don't try kissing her, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong here, except that you may be wasting your energy. She isn't married, so she is still available if she chooses to be. (sorry, boys.)

Tell her it is a shame she has a boyfriend, because if she didn't, you would ask her out. Or tell her when she dumps her boyfriend, you intend to ask her out. This is called "competition". Don't try kissing her, though.
    I don't think a girl has to be married for you to respect the fact that she's in a relationship and to not mess with her. Telling her that you're interested so she dumps her bf is a bullshit move imo.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

If she loves her boyfriend, she isn't going to dump him, is she?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.

If she loves her boyfriend, she isn't going to dump him, is she?
    That's not the point. The point is that it is DISRESPECTFUL for him to knowingly try to steal a girl away from another man. If she were to leave her bf she'd be just as much in the wrong as he is. It's just a matter of respect.

I just love hearing this: "She left her boyfriend for me but I'm so shocked she's leaving me for someone else!"

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I see what you are saying. I just don't agree. If she leaves him for another guy, he should be happy she did it before he married her.

I see what you are saying. I just don't agree. If she leaves him for another guy, he should be happy she did it before he married her.
    To each his own, I guess.

I do and will always find it disrespectful. It's something that I will never do because I wouldn't want someone doing it to me.

I love some of your opinion and views, vash, but then sometimes I think your views are shit.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Do this.

It's a nice way to let her know you're interested without crossing any boundaries.

If she leaves her boyfriend for you then he never really had her anyways.

You guys are in college. Have fun.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast