+ Follow This Topic

Thread: conundrum

conundrum

I've been friends with a girl I work with for ages and people at work have been joking around saying are you going out etc as we're pretty close and both single and I used to ignore it, but recently we have been texting each other alot and on the phone for ages to each other and now I literally can't stop thinking about her. I'm scared to tell her how I feel incase she doesn't feel the same way and I can't say anything to my friends as they will just take the piss.

Thanks

I don't know why people keep getting scared. Either ask her out or don't. If your friends would laugh at you because she didn't feel the same way, they aren't friends.

You have two options:

A) Man up and ask her out... she'll say yes or she'll say no, but you'll have a 50% chance at success.

B) Puss up and don't ask her out... you'll have a 0% chance at success.

What do you think?

apart from the obvious implications of her being 'the girl you work with', why not go for it?
    The situation seems to have already naturally worked up towards the next logical step: asking her out. Just make it something simple to test the waters, maybe a coffee etc, nothing too heavy.

If she says no (and I don't think she will because you're already texting each other) take it lightheartedly. Don't stop talking to her and put your tail between your legs, because she'll still be the girl you work with and see every day.

I told her how I felt but she said she justed wanted to stay good friends which is fair enough, at least I now don't think what if.
    Only thing is I think I've slightly scared her and I'm worried its gonna ruin our friendship.

Well you'll just have to show her over time that you're happy to be friends with her. Keep being a friend to her, act natural, and don't bring up the situation again. Make sure she doesn't feel like you're hanging around too much etc or she'll grow even more distant.

I myself feel stifled by guys who still fawn over me, open doors, buy me things as if they're still trying to date me even though they know I'm not interested. I'm much more comfortable if they just treat me as any friend.