+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Conundrum

Conundrum

If any of you read my first post you'll know that my girlfriend and I broke up. I couldn't handle her drinking and most of our arguments led back to that. So I ended it, almost hoping she would realize I was leaving for good and stop the drinking.

By the way, it was not all bad. She is one of the smartest, funniest, sweetest girls I have ever met. We could make each other laugh so hard it would hurt. When the time together was good it was really good. I was madly in love with her.

So here is my CONUNDRUM. After we broke up I was sick. I was cranky, tired, depressed, all of it. Had I made the right choice? She begged for me to come back. Cried on my answering machine, sent me emails, everything. I was cold, I wanted her to get the point and just say "I will quit drinking". Well a few months passed and found out she was dating someone else. AHHHH! Are you kidding me? The girl that said I was the one, the girl who loved me so much. It was that easy to move on? I couldn't even think about another person.

So a few more weeks past and we began to hang out again, more and more. This week I went (she is 2 hours away now) and saw her twice. It was like the good ol' times again and I missed it.

I want her back.

The only problem is now she live 2 hours away and I am moving to NYC for a few months. What should I do? Any advice out there? Anyone dump someone for a reason and then realize that person is more important than the reason? Can I take her back? Will she want me back? Did she love me the way she said did? Am I an idiot?

CONUNDRUM
    Last edited by NonPoint; 23-10-04 at 09:55 AM.

You did the right thing by ending it. Do NOT take her back. Move on with your life and find someone else. If you do take her back, you're only asking for trouble. You're only an idiot if you take her back. She obviously loved the alcohol a lot more than she ever loved you. Hope this will help you make the right decision.