+ Follow This Topic

Thread: getting noticed...

getting noticed...

I have had my eyes on this guy on and off for about 1 yr now...we talk in person no numbers have been exchanged. I am having trouble inititiating the fact that I have interest in him...i think he is shy and quiet so he wont say anything either...what should I do? I dont want to be the initiator then get embaressed when/or if he then starts to avoid me...any surgestions on what to do?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mama625 View Post
    I dont want to be the initiator then get embaressed when/or if he then starts to avoid me
    That's probably exactly how he feels.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

so should I initiate? He was suppose to go out with this girl a few mos ago she said she would go then stood him up...I wouldnt do that...it seems as if he may be "insecure" about woman now...???

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should. Times are changing. Ask him if he wants to grab some coffee or maybe attend a school function with you, like a poetry reading. Something cheap and easy.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

oo he got stood up?? Interesting..

Yeah you should totally open this guy. Real casual, jus notice something he is wearing or doing someday. Get him to talk about himself. then tell him a story. bring him into your world. that will let him know its ok to go thru. Do you think he likes you tho?? Have yougotten ANY signs at all that he may see you that way? cuz i would hate for you to get shot down or something.

jus be casual, be sweet, be friendly, and bring him into your world with "I" stories..

You: hey! nice whatever
    Him: oh um golly gee whiz thanks
    You: yeah it reminds me of the time I..or Last week when I.. blah blah blah blah insert open ended question here
    Him: oh wow..answers open ended question
    You: reflect back, reward him, another I story, let him know somehow YOUR relationship situation and how its hard meeting (reliable,awesome,cool whatever adj you like in a man) guys nowaday.
    Him: oh really because I blah blah blah
    You: That's cool. reward him for opening up, then email or number xchange

Boom you're in
    When I had a girlfriend, and before I decided to live the single life, I learned a thing or two about keeping the peace. This book helped.

[URL="http://www.itshelpful.com/makingup"]The Magic of Making Up[/URL]