+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workout Buddy, Part II

Workout Buddy, Part II

Other thread was deleted sorry, just for privacy.

Quick summary, met this great brunette at the gym running on the treadmill besides me and we found out we wanted to run but had nobody to run with. So we've been running together lately in the mornings, traveling around to the beaches, local places, trails, etc.

I'm turning 20 and she's already 20 and have dated older people in the past. I'd like for something to develop and for not us just to be friendzoned and become 'workout buddies'...

We've had lunch a couple times after a run, and I've asked her to go see a movie one night and she agreed. But in both settings we/she was still in her workout clothes and neither felt like a 'date'.

We've been thinking of stuff to do together lately...visiting a Six Flags amusement park up north in the state on Wednesday, planning to rent jet skis later, and more. We just finished a hike this morning and planned to rent bikes to ride at the beach tomorrow (her idea).

She's been talking a bit lately about her past relationships on our runs and I've learned a tiny bit about what she looks for in a guy...I'm just wondering if I have a chance to make a move and have something develop.

Hmmmmmmm..................

Heck ya dude! So far things are looking really good i would say. Just keep doing your thing, and making sure you guys have cool plans together. Compatibility looks good for the both of yall. You got her to open up too about her relationships, thats interesting. now let her know what YOU look for in a girl. and not the typical stuff either, focus on characteristics, cuz i bet you she wants to know

Gluc but u are kicking butt here
    When I had a girlfriend, and before I decided to live the single life, I learned a thing or two about keeping the peace. This book helped.

[URL="http://www.itshelpful.com/makingup"]The Magic of Making Up[/URL]

Hmm, probably the reason why I haven't asked her out to dinner yet is because I don't want to be turned down and then not be able to workout with her in the mornings because of the 'awkwardness'...

I've asked her to the movies one day after a run and she happily wanted to go, even blowing off softball practice she had planned with some buddies (again she was in workout clothes still since she had a gym class just before the movie and I picked her up for some ice cream then we headed to the movies).

She also said a few days ago when we were running around Disneyland that she wanted to visit Six Flags. She's never been there and she loves roller coasters, so I was able to get my hands on two tickets and she was thrilled to see that I got them this morning when I showed her when picking her up just before our hike and said we can go on Wednesday.

Umm, she just called me to say she can't make it to the beach tomorrow cause her friends from a different state just surprised her with a visit...and just before we hung up, she said, "I'm sorry hun!"

hahaha...slip of tongue?....what?

I'm not down or disappointed or anything, told her thanks for calling me to let me know and to have a great time tomorrow with them.

Don't think too much into that. Some women say hun to any guy.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Haha I know...probably being overoptimistic...wondering why I'm catching every little detail

I know I got to ask her out to dinner soon or something more interactive than a "movie"...but we've been interacting with each other so much too.

I got to wait till like the 26th or 27th to ask her out on a dinner since she only has Tues/Wed. off each week and we're already driving up to Six Flags on Wed...Unless somehow I bite the bullet and ask for a dinner out on Tuesday night and if all goes well, the Six Flags trip might be more interesting.

(And here I go again...in the back of my head...I'm saying what if she say's no and then there's some sort of awkwardness then we can't go on the trip and such...haha)
    Last edited by debris; 15-08-08 at 07:48 AM.

Man you have gotten so much time in with her already. She obviously likes hanging out with you. You are freaking out about nothing it seems. Ask her to dinner around that date your thinking, it sounds good and it's not rushing things. It's not like you haven't had any time with her or something. You are good to go.

Thanks, I've talked to several people and all have helped me a lot, I'm going to wait till the 26th to do it since this week is booked....no rushhhhh!

How many more signals can she give you?

The 26th? What? You can't squeeze in any time for dinner? Hell at least call her this weekend and ask her if she'd like to do dinner sometime. Plan in advance. Pounce on that before it's too late! Ask her out to dinner!

It's just dinner, it's not like you're asking her to marry you. Worst that will happen is she will say no, but I highly doubt that. And if that happens, isn't it better to know then to not try and never know and have that constant feeling that you really like her?

She's probably waiting for you to make a move. Do it already!

I know I know Of course I'll talk to her sooner before that, good idea...

Maybe I'll ask her after our trip on Wednesday...thanks for the advice!

I just read that you were going to six flags Tuesday. That's the perfect set up to taking her out to dinner. You don't even really need to ask her out to dinner. That's practically a date in itself to dinner. When it gets dark and it's about time for dinner, take her somewhere to eat. Whether it be in the park or outside. You don't even need to ask her, it's kind of expected if you're going to be there that late. And don't forget to pay for her!

Hmm good idea, but I thought it would be more of just another meal (like the lunches we'd have after some runs) since we've been out all day and not like a 'date.' I think we're most likely already going to go eat afterwards..

I'll probably ask her the night of that trip You think so?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    privacy?? i'm sure that you are not the only person who is checking out this chick. and secondly, how many other guys go to the gym to stare at hot babes besides you and me??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Haha, didn't mean to give the impression I want to 'hide' her...just for some other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    privacy?? i'm sure that you are not the only person who is checking out this chick. and secondly, how many other guys go to the gym to stare at hot babes besides you and me??

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post

raverboy
    Count me in...

Until I discovered the wonderful world of cycling. There are some ****ing gorgeous ladies. Skin tight clothing and the legs, the legs the legs the legs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast