+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will she ruin my relationship?

Will she ruin my relationship?

I need some opinions from people who do not know me personally and are unbiased in this situation.

I've been going out with this guy for a while. We met through a mutual friend and started chatting. Got on very well and agreed to meet up. The meet up was perfect, he was the perfect gentleman and we said we'd give things a shot.

I eventually found out that the mutual friend we met through, had went out with him a few times. Nothing major happened and they figured they weren't a great match for each other. They kept a friendship but didn't particularly see each other that often.

Both swore to me that there were absolutely no feelings there at all and I believed that until a few weeks ago.

She is showing signs of some jealous behaviour. On a night out she done everything in her power to keep us apart and complains when she see's us together.

He called me by her name a few times. He said it was a total accident and apologised straight away. He said that there were no feelings there for her whatsoever and that the only reason he said her name is that he's afraid he will mess our relationship up and that when he worrys about messing up you guessed it...he messes up.

I know he loves me, I've seen him cry, laugh and we've been through every other emotion possible. I Love him with all my heart and want to stay with him but I'm afraid that eventually she will get in the way.

Should I just forget about him calling me by her name because he justified his reasons? Or should there be a worrying feeling in the back of my head which means I'm cautious around him?

I'm confused and I don't know what to do

anachronistic Guest
    Oh gee, he called you by the wrong name, is that all?

Who cares if your mutual friend looks jealous and acts that way. All you need to care about is how your boyfriend acts. What's he think about the whole jealousy thing? Does he think she's being a bit of a bitch?

And I don't think they would have told you they dated if they were having some sort of fling behind your back.

I keep saying to him that its really clear she has feelings for him by the way she acts but its as if he doesnt want to believe it. He kinda changes the subject when I mention it.

Meh, I never understood the calling by another name thing. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to most, but I think it kind of is. The only way I could see it is if he called you by the name of a girl he had a very serious relationship with.
    I don't chase, I replace.

anachronistic Guest
    Did your mother ever mix up your name with your sibling's?

Call him the wrong name a few times...see how he likes it.

anachronistic Guest
    This reminds me of that episode of family guy...

come on, doesn't anyone see how ridiculous that is?

Will she ruin my relationship?

This guy is playing your emotions, talk to him and let him chose which is which. Ask the ex gf to stop bothering your relationship.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so you've seen him cry before... if i were to cry in front of you then would you love me back??

what i'm saying is that you're over analyzing this entire thing. sure they have got a past, but atleast you're aware of it. for now, i wouldn't be bothered too much by it, however if this continues further, then i would constantly bring it up again to your bf and your friend. she might be jealous, but she has to keep in mind that she hooked the two of you up. if your bf and her still has feelings for one another, be upfront about it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...