+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't not ruin things...

I can't not ruin things...

things were going well.

i thought for sure i stood a chance - we flirted well, and after a while i worked up the courage to call and ask her out.

problem was, i REALLY like her, and built the call up so much i completely collapsed on the phone. i asked her if she had heard about the concert - she said her sister was going.

i froze. this seemed horrible to me -she wouldn't want her sister along. what to do? none of my plans had included this eventuality.

i cracked, chickened out, forced awkward conversation until she said she had to go.

now i'm stuck. i should have called her immediately afterwards - told her i was sorry for being so awkward and asked her to the concert.

but now....

i'm thinking of sending her a note. i'm editing an essay for her tonight (we're in a class together) but i'm not going to be in tomorrow- i'm going to ohio. I was going to give it to our teacher to give to her tomorrow anyways- if i slipped in a note she'd be bound to get it. a sweet note explaining what an idiot i am and asking her to the concert would make things better, right guys?

right guys?

god.... i'm probably just worrying too much.... i know she likes me... and i like her..... but i can't NOT ruin things by overthinking........

I don't think of self-deprecating note is the way to go. Wait until you get back and ask her out face to face.

Yeah...if there's any way to just relax about it and know that there will be more chances for you guys to do things and this isn't your only one...I think you'd feel much better and enjoy your trip to Ohio much more!