+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How early should one ask a girl out to the prom?

How early should one ask a girl out to the prom?

Just going into grade 12 and was curious when one is supposed to ask? Whats too early? Whats too late? It's in May. (long away)
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Probably a couple of months before... so many things could happen meanwhile

The one time I took someone to prom in my high school years, was the one dance I didn't have as much fun. I usually went single, and I had the most fun because I danced with everybody else's date, I didn't have to worry about pleasing anyone but myself, and after the dance I went to a party and I didn't have to worry about getting too drunk and cheating on anybody.

But if you really want to take someone, just ask a few months before. Don't want to ask at the beginning of the schoolyear, you will look awfully desperate. And if you ask at the last minute, you'll look a bit like an idiot.

I say about 2-3 months before prom.

I always hated prom. Putting on those froo froo dresses and dancing to cheesy pop music with kids that I couldn't care less about. I stopped going to proms after my sophmore year.

I happen to have an identical twin sister. The one funny little story I remember about being asked to prom is the time that a boy called me up and asked me to go with him and I turned him down. His response was "Can you put your sister on?"
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post

I happen to have an identical twin sister. The one funny little story I remember about being asked to prom is the time that a boy called me up and asked me to go with him and I turned him down. His response was "Can you put your sister on?"
    hahaha that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I always hated prom. Putting on those froo froo dresses and dancing to cheesy pop music with kids that I couldn't care less about. I stopped going to proms after my sophmore year.

haha ouch.. and how many proms did u have, only had the one for me at the end of HS

I'd say go for it once ur back form the xmas break in january at the earliest, but keep an eye out. I kno at my high school few ppl had plans earlier but was mostly stuff like bf/gf or two ppl who were really good friends and just got it out of the way, most waited until later.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    as early as you can before someone else does..

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by all alone View Post
    haha ouch.. and how many proms did u have, only had the one for me at the end of HS

I'd say go for it once ur back form the xmas break in january at the earliest, but keep an eye out. I kno at my high school few ppl had plans earlier but was mostly stuff like bf/gf or two ppl who were really good friends and just got it out of the way, most waited until later.
    We had junior proms and senior proms, so I think there were at least 4. Like I said, I only went to two. For the first one, I teased and sprayed my poor boyfriend's hair to look like one of the members of Duran Duran. The prom pictures are hilarious to see the "I'm-not-happy" look he was giving the camera the whole time.

The second one, I just went with a friend. I think my high school had their senior prom on a disney cruise ship. I'm so glad I didn't go to that one. I can't imagine being stuck on a ship with those kids, or worse, all of us getting some kind of icky cruise virus and mass puking the whole night.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Just in time before someone else does, but unless that someone else is reading this post it's really hard to tell when that will be.

I think a month or two beforehand should be ok, you'll find out from others if and when they are invited.
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

Hey, derm! (It's me, vashti!)

How are you? Long time no talk to, my favorite leprechaun....