+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's the best way for a guy to handle rejection from a woman?

What's the best way for a guy to handle rejection from a woman?

One of my friends just met a good looking woman in college and ask her out for a date but she refused. He asked again but she again said she had other plans. But he found out later that she had a date with another guy she had just met. So he wonders what he did wrong, and I told him to just forget about it. A lot of girls would find my friend attractive, so I know it wouldn't be hard for him finding another woman. But he has said he doesn't care about anyone else, and wants to continue pursuing this girl. What's the best way for my friend to end this??

Honestly, only he can figure out how to get over it. Just because most women might find your friend attractive doesn't mean that all of them will.

So what if she's going out with another guy? She was not dating your friend, and she has the right to go out with whomever she wants. Perhaps your friend was just not her type. Maybe she disliked some of his personality traits. Who knows? The point is that there are millions of other women out there. You're going to get rejected time and time again. You also will get accepted too. You never know if you don't try.

He tried, and now he knows that she is not interested. Move on, find someone else. It's not like he shared a long relationship or even love with this person. It was just an attraction, most likely lustful. No big deal. He can ask out the next girl he thinks is attractive, and the next, and the next, and so on. Some will reject him, some will have a couple dates and move on, and eventually, someone will really love him and stay with him for an extended period of time.
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Best way to get over rejection from one girl is to ask another out. Repeat until you get a yes.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Best way to get over rejection from one girl is to ask another out. Repeat until you get a yes.
    What, If your approach is lacking and you'll never get a yes?
    You should evaluate yourself and see what qualities a girl looks for and see, if you can show those to her.
    Get some interests or conversation that a girl might enjoy, and show her a fun time.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin