+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving too fast?

Moving too fast?

Well, to some of you, you may notice me from several weeks back, where I broke up with my ex-gf of one year. So... I've been back at school, and I have gotten a bit of a crush...

Obviously I am not going to jump the gun, I want to get to know her better, make sure I am not making anyone out to be a rebound (although I highly doubt thats the case... even still I'd feel like crap if that were the case), etc. ...

In fact, everything is going well, and a crush is still only a crush at this point, but are my feelings moving too fast?

I, too, broke up with my girlfriend of many years and was constantly worried about whether the next girl would be just a rebound or I worried that others would feel that. Anyways don't worry about it and if you have a crush, follow up on it. Anything can help to get over your ex. The crush will lead into your first date where you can discover if she is the girl for you or not. Dating has been so fun and out of it I found a great girl. Good luck!

I think having a crush is ok. Its like "a way" of moving on. Starting a new one.

Moving too fast? I think no! why stick to your past when there is coming in the present.

Well shit... apparently a friend of mine has a crush on the same girl, for a longer time it seems........ annnnd my entire floor (which consists of all friends mind you) are rooting him and her on...

*backs away*

aww well... shit happens I guess.... *shrugs*

I have had that situation too. Good for you for backing off, keeping friends is more important.

eh.... well, I am kind of in limbo to be honest, apparently she has not even told her closest friends who she likes, if any.... so I am kind of just... watching things unfold, not sure on whats going to happen. And like I said, I am not rushing anything, I am being more passive about the entire situation (which may be a good or bad thing... *shrugs*)

Tell your friend and ask her out.