+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Go away to university or stay for a boy?

Go away to university or stay for a boy?

Ok hereeee's the problem.
    I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and I really do love him to bits.
    Now I always used to say that I'd never let a man influence my decisions when it comes to my education, my work or what I want to do in general. However.. I'm feeling different at the moment.
    I have just finished my AS levels and I'm about to do my A levels, so I'm in my last year of sixth form college. I'm 17, 18 in November. My boyfriend is 21 and he's just starting back in college this year to do a two year course in catering because he wants to be a chef. He also works as a snowboard instructor.
    I'm meant to be going to university this time next year.. and I have to start applying soon.. and I don't know what the **** I'm going to do.
    I live in Swansea in Wales, and realistically I don't want to stay in Wales because I'm an independent person.. and I feel if I go to Cardiff it will be too close to home (even though it is a very good university).
    Not meaning to blow my own trumpet.. but I'm an intelligent well-rounded person and I know I can pretty much get into any university I want and study whatever I want.
    I think I want to go to Exeter to study English Literature, with a year of study in the United States.. but the only thing that's holding me back is I don't want to leave this guy behind. I've had quite a few fairly long term boyfriends.. and I know I wouldn't have worried about dropping them like a sack of shit to do what I want.. but I don't want to with this guy.
    I was thinking I could go to Cardiff, because as I said it is a very good University.. but I still don't know if that would work because he'll be busy with college.. I'll be busy with Uni.. we'll both have to work etc.
    He's not pressurising me at all to do anything either way. We are going to have a chat about this next time I see him, which'll be about a week because we just went to New Zealand together to snowboard for a month.. so a lil time apart is probably adequate.
    I just really don't know what to do. I'm usually so rational and I hardly ever let my heart control my head.. and I know I shouldn't let it. But I can't help it.
    I don't know if anyone can help me.. but some suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    your boyfriend thinks I'm hot

Education is a priority. Do NOT put your life on hold or alter your goals for a man that you are not married to. Wait until you are married to have that 'we' attitude.

Definitely go away. College is a time of enormous growth, and you shouldn't be tied to a boy. You guys can see each other on holidays if you want, but I think it's best to make a clean break. You are only 17 - this is very unlikely to be the boy you end up marrying.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not even going to read your post.

Whatever you do, don't stay for the boy.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cut off his penis, take it to a good taxidermist, and have it stuffed and impaled lengthwise with a wooden handle. This way, a little piece of him will always be there for you

Yes, you may love him a whole lot, but putting him before your education will sooner or later become a regret.Your education is VERY important. Besides, if he really loves you back, he'd be able to understand that school is a priority and he is an option, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Yes, you may love him a whole lot, but putting him before your education will sooner or later become a regret.Your education is VERY important. Besides, if he really loves you back, he'd be able to understand that school is a priority and he is an option, and vice versa.
    Unlike a lot of the newer people that pop on here...you seem to know your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Unlike a lot of the newer people that pop on here...you seem to know your stuff.
    Seeing as I was just in that same situation, its easy for me to pass that kind of information on. He had to understand that I had to better myself for my daughter and I and our future before him. He's in school himself so he has his own agenda and I have my own as well. He'll always be there, we wont die. We just got to do for ourselves before we do for each other.

go to the university...