+ Follow This Topic

Thread: pursue a guy?

pursue a guy?

Ok so to told this guy to whom I am very good friends with that I liked him. He said he didn't feel the same way. He said he finds me attractive but not in that way, but he also said that he didn't know if it will always be like this. He said that he wished he felt differently.

Ok so what I want to know is is he worth pursuing? Has anyone had this situation and they've ended up getting together? Can I win him round? or is he just saying it to make me feel better (is this something guys do)?

Yea I know sad.... any advice would be appreciated.

you've answered it yourself.....he said it to be nice to you....i'm sorry

if you pursue it he won't want to be friends with you anymore i reckon
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Agree (and I am sympathetic to any woman who thinks pursuit might be a good idea). Things might change but it isn't worth hoping for, as it will eat away at your friendship in the interim - you need to move on to someone else so that you will get thoughts of him in this romantic capacity out of your head. Don't worry though, one of my dearest friends is someone who I occasionally have more 'feelings' for an I get over it (and am grateful to do so as he really isn't right for me). I think it sometimes happens to us all when we are close to people and our boundaries get blurry.
    Good luck.
    Freck
    Love yourself first and be true to yourself. Be kind. Have confidence in your own advice - you are probably right. Freckle

Quote Originally Posted by x0xchloex0x View Post
    Can I win him round? or is he just saying it to make me feel better (is this something guys do)?

Yea I know sad.... any advice would be appreciated.
    That sounds like something I've told a girl before. What do you expect him to tell you? No?

Any guy is going to be considerate to your feelings. He already feels guilty for not feeling attracted to you and rejecting you. He was just trying to make it easy to digest. Take comfort in knowing that he's a good guy and a great friend. He considered your feelings first.

Don't mistake his being nice as hope of things in the future. With guys, it's either now or never. If it's not now, then it's never. He doesn't sound interested, so just let those fantasies and hopes wash away slowly before you start looking at other guys.

We are simple. If he makes some excuses about being with you than trust me...it will never work...and if it becomes something more than friends it will be short lived and only because he is bored.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You can't pursue a guy. All you can do is ask them out, and if they don't say yes, you'll never get them

Can I win him round?
    Only desperate women ask this!

Move on! You were once rejected (somehow by telling you frankly that he didn't feel the same way as what you fell for him). If you continue, shame on you!

Look for a guy that likes you too.

If he says he doesn't think your his type, you need to stop pursuing him. I once had problems with 3 different women pursuing me (fortunately not all at once), and they all acted like they were smitten with me, but none was my type... and one of the 3 was drop-dead gorgeous.

But as for the woman pursuing a guy... why not? This is the US of A, not Bolivia.

If he said you're not his type...that's it. There's no secret meaning he's trying to hint to or anything. Us guys are simple. As for "He said that he wished he felt differently." He's just being nice. Us guys are simple.

Should be grateful that he made it clear rather than pretending to be into you and taking advantage of it.

yeah.... yheres too many snakes that giv us blokes a bad name
    ...judge not a book by its cover, nor the words by the pages on which they are written...

..."you can hold back form the suffering of the world and you have free permission to do so, and it is within your nature. but perhaps in this holding back, you have invoked the one suffering you could have avoided"...

I've been in the same situation (with the me pursuing the female) and trust me that when they don't feel the same way, your not going to win them over. Straight up.

Is it possible it could change down the road?.. potentially but it will not be because of you winning them over, it would be something gradually years down the road.