+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: has anyone else here ever felt hopeless about dating?

has anyone else here ever felt hopeless about dating?

I am simply having no luck for a year now. I mean, I've actively tried going out with girls, but nothing ever turns out to be anything.

I'm turning 21 soon, so I guess I'm still sort-of-young.

Hmmm...I don't feel "hopeless" about dating but after a couple of failed relationships, I've became harder and more selective about the people I fall for. I know it would be awhile until I find someone thats suited for me. So meanwhile, I'm going to build up my emotional independence so I won't be so desperate that I will be willing to stick with someone that isn't suitable for me.

By the way, what do you mean by "nothing turns out to be anything"? Do you mean that you never had a serious relationship? If thats what you mean...then you're not really missing out on anything. When you break up with someone who you had a serious relationship with because you realize that he or she isn't suited for you...its hurts...a lot. You also realized that you spent all that energy and time on someone who turns out to be the wrong person. I rather distance myself from them before I decide to committ to a relationship.

Don't rush into any relationships just because you want a "taste" of one.
    Last edited by lastwish; 12-10-08 at 12:07 PM.

yeah that's what I meant. No serious relationship experience. A relationship is like one of the strongest cravings i have right now, especially since my parents just moved countries, so I can't even go back "home". I want someone I can be really close to... and also just the intimacies and stuff, I crave.

OP, get used to it. Girls nowadays are trash. I would focus instead on trying to sleep with as many girls as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    OP, get used to it. Girls nowadays are trash. I would focus instead on trying to sleep with as many girls as possible.
    And get aids.

Or herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Hmmm...I don't feel "hopeless" about dating but after a couple of failed relationships, I've became harder and more selective about the people I fall for. I know it would be awhile until I find someone thats suited for me. So meanwhile, I'm going to build up my emotional independence so I won't be so desperate that I will be willing to stick with someone that isn't suitable for me.

By the way, what do you mean by "nothing turns out to be anything"? Do you mean that you never had a serious relationship? If thats what you mean...then you're not really missing out on anything. When you break up with someone who you had a serious relationship with because you realize that he or she isn't suited for you...its hurts...a lot. You also realized that you spent all that energy and time on someone who turns out to be the wrong person. I rather distance myself from them before I decide to committ to a relationship.

Don't rush into any relationships just because you want a "taste" of one.
    I can't agree more!

I've also felt it's hopeless at times. It gets more an more difficult to find a worthwhile girl these days.

I'm 20 and have been involved 3 times. To tell you the truth, I don't think you're missing out on much at this age.

The last girl I dated, she was as close to an ideal as I could get when I got to know her and hang out with her. Once we started dating, things were totally different. In the end, it seemed like she was a fake and all those characteristics I loved about her was just an act. I was also more convinced that most of the things that attracted her to me was superficial. She broke up with me though. I was trying to accept her for who she was, but we were just too different and even though we weren't compatible, she was still a horrible girlfriend.

Seriously though, don't be like this. When you crave for a relationship, you try too hard to hold on to something that isn't right for you and when you lose that, you'll fall BIG TIME. It'll hurt a lot. You need to get yourself in the mindset that you will get out of a relationship if it is doing more bad than good to you.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love how people say 'don't waste your time in relationships at this age'. Why not? The biggest lessons you get are from failed relationships.....I had to go through a handful of them to learn what was and wasn't right for me in a relationship, as do most people. A failed relationship isn't a waste of time, it's just time spent with someone that didn't work out - and that you learn from.

Things will develop the way they're supposed to, O2C. Go into these things with no expectations, and you'll be suprised what happens. Until then, if you happen to get laid in the process, bonus!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

doppelgaenger says:

"And get aids. Or herpes."

let me guess, you're a virgin?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OP, get used to it. Girls nowadays are trash.
    No, they are not

I would focus instead on trying to sleep with as many girls as possible.
    I agree, it will cause girls to like you more for now and in the future and you'll have a HUGE, "game-wining" advantage over guys who didn't sleep with girls

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I'm concerned about your enhanced bitterness recently, Neo. Did you have a bad relationship experience?

Besides, guys that make it their goal to sleep with as many girls as possible are no better - they're just as trashy.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, come on Neo, women can't be all that bad, you've gotten pussy before right?

bluesummer says:

"I'm concerned about your enhanced bitterness recently, Neo. Did you have a bad relationship experience?"

I've had several bad experiences and talked to enough guys and girls who share my view.

"Besides, guys that make it their goal to sleep with as many girls as possible are no better - they're just as trashy."

guys are not just as trashy for sleeping around. Girls don't have to work for sex like guys do. So you cannot lump promiscuous guys and girls in the same category. Also, if girls want to act like sluts then I say treat them as such.

DoesntMatter says:

"Yeah, come on Neo, women can't be all that bad, you've gotten pussy before right?"

yeah, Friday night.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Was the girl one of the sluts you were talking about?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast