+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: has anyone else here ever felt hopeless about dating?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whatever works, works. So if they found that works well for them then great. That's a better situation than both of them working

However, with children, men working and women raising kids is the situation that will be more natural and naturally preferred by the majority of men. And hopefully women too, because I think they are better at being caring to young children and giving kids whatever it is that they need

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, maybe.

I've met a lot of really shitty mothers though, and some really awesome dads.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I want the mother of my kids to stay at home and raise them well. That's more important than any career

Kids from todays generation raised in daycare centers are turning out worse because of the lack of parenting in general, at least says my parents and they are in the age and situation to know that

So sure, have a career before and after kids. But a woman has the responsibility of taking the best care of the kids that she can, and it is a very important job that shouldn't be sacrificed to a career

Actually, I agree with you. The nuclear family has disintegrated with women in the workforce because their men can't make enough to keep up. Children are paying the price. (Not EVERY kid, but the majority of them that are shuffled off to institutionalized daycare facilities.)

I consider my husband's responsibility with regards to child-rearing equal to my own. We are both 100% responsible (rather than 50/50).

What is better and what is worse is as relative as color is to the eye. I could just mention starving children in Africa, and that would instantly blow all of these comparisons out of the water. Lest we forget? Just a little ignorant; topic at hand should include ALL nations.

Growing up in daycare is better than growing up in front of the TV, with parents nowhere to be found but high on the sofa behind you. Can children of today meet up to challenges like that? Or do children need to be pampered and nurtured until they are 18 years old, where their attendance is still recorded in school. Is it the parents or the children who fail? Is success measured by ones predecessors? Of course, that's why people don't understand how it really is.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 14-10-08 at 08:57 AM.

::rolling eyes::

Shush, that's the rough draft thesis of a paper I am writing

Of course, I hate daycare, and I think BOTH parents should raise the children, though.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 14-10-08 at 09:01 AM.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dopple, I'm still not quite clear: are you Lil 'Wing or not?

That's him alright.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    1averagejoe, I'd be more than glad to help you out. You should start another thread like "1averagejoe's Approach Log" and keep a journal of all your approaches and the results. Then I can critique what you're doing wrong.
    It's going to be a while. No one has really caught my eye and I'm just tired of trying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    you keep making reference to this weird date without elaborating. What happened?
    Summary:
    Wouldn't shut up about her ex and things they did, places they went. Constantly complained about things that bothered her and bad drivers. She was a shitty driver. Had BAD road rage. I mean I'm a fairly aggressive driver to be honest, but this even scared me. She and some guy were yelling at each other while I was in the passenger seat. Then I asked if he was following us, she said "I don't care, I hope he follows us, plus you'll kick his ass for me, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Perhaps your expectations are too high. I tell my kid he should expect to be turned down the majority of the time. It's like gambling... you are just looking for that one lucky hit. Not everyone is a match, you know.
    I wouldn't say my expectations are too high, I just think it's a lot of work and feel like I'm getting nowhere . At the moment I just feel like my match doesn't really exist in college. I'm soo different than your average college student. Most people my age aren't into the things I am into.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I wasn't offended by anything you said AJ. You debate in a way that is respectful to others' opinions, as opposed to being simply dismissive or insulting, which is very refreshing here.

No one has to agree with me. I don't debate about these things because I want to win the argument. I'm just trying to help spread a more positive attitude towards dating.
    I <3 you.

GrkScorp says:

"It's the same as saying..

"You are a racist you n*gger"

or

"There are two kinds of people I can't stand.., Racists.., and fcukn' black people"

no, they are not the same. I went back and re-read what you originally said just in case I missed something. You didn't use a contradiction between words and the context in which they occur earlier.

The same can be said about marriage.., or small businesses..

marriage? No. The divorce rate is 50% which means half of marriages succeed. The same cannot be said of young adult relationships. Businesses? Perhaps, but I wasn't talking about them.

It's entirely possible to meet someone in your 20's and get married in your 30's..

sure, it's also possible to meet someone when you're a teenager and get married in your 20s.

If you shut out your 20's.., and are emotionally unavailable until you're ready to settle down.., then you're narrowing down your pool of people who you would want to spend the rest of your life with..

that's fine with me. There isn't exactly a large pool of quality girls in their 20s to settle down with. So I'm not missing out on much. I'll keep banging girls while other guys have their hearts broken.

1averagejoe says:

"It's going to be a while. No one has really caught my eye and I'm just tired of trying right now."

your rationale sucks. You want to become more successful with girls but you don't want to invest any time in approaching them? How do you expect to win a girl over if you can't get a girl in the first place? You need to practice b/c you only get one shot with her.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    1averagejoe says:

"It's going to be a while. No one has really caught my eye and I'm just tired of trying right now."

your rationale sucks. You want to become more successful with girls but you don't want to invest any time in approaching them? How do you expect to win a girl over if you can't get a girl in the first place? You need to practice b/c you only get one shot with her.
    I agree with the bold statement. Not so much with the one-shot thing though. People change. Otherwise how would we be able to stop loving someone?

Anyway, a few days ago I had amazing sex with a woman I had never seen before (not dating her though, my heart belongs to someone else), so things like that can happen any time, anywhere.

forget dating, I prefer to rape. Easier and they can't say no. Guaranteed nookie every time with no money spent on dinners and cheap motels...just 1.99 for a knife and duck tape combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Anyway, a few days ago I had amazing sex with a woman I had never seen before (not dating her though, my heart belongs to someone else), so things like that can happen any time, anywhere.
    LOL!
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 15-10-08 at 01:22 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Girls who are from my state are mostly A. ugly ass sluts, B. Shit for brains, C. Dumbass bitches who don't even know what they're yelling about most of the time (in other words, easily aggressive) and D. Girls who I don't get along with. One reason why I don't like relationships and have special friends :3

Though I have dated some girls during the time I was out of my state, I just don't feel close to any girl I have met inside of West Virginia =\ maybe it's just me

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456