+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Moody

I'm Moody

Ever since I've been laid off it's been really hard to get myself in a good mood. I was doing so well, completely over my breakup, starting to feel like myself again, and now I feel like I'm backpeddling. I don't know what to do with myself around my apartment, and all I want to do is sleep.

It's Saturday night and I don't feel like going out tonight even though I could easily call up my friend and find something fun to do. I'm even finding it hard to respond to peoples' relationship advice because I just don't have the mental energy.

I hate that I am coming on the forum to complain, but I just feel so blah lately. Maybe I should never have put so much of my identity into that job. I know other people have bigger problems, and I should count my blessings that I don't have another mouth to feed or debt to pay, but I really feel like this was one of the worst things that could happen to me right now. Whenever something would go wrong in my life, my job was always a bright spot, and I often threw myself into work to help overcome whatever I was going through. It's like I have to make an extra effort to feel good right now.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

It's not surprising that you feel that way Starbuck. We build our places of work as one of the pillars of self, it helps us define who we are (just like in any other relationship). And ofcourse when that avenue disappears it's like we have lost a part of self. And when that choice is not personal and is forced, It's like that self was ripped out of us. And this is probably what you are feeling right now, a loss of a part of self which was the proffesional you admired for your talents and skills by so many people in your workplace.

But what will make you feel better in the future is another realisation, one which will define your work self lost as an old self and seek out progress and imporvement through other avenues. Suddenly you will see that at your previous work you have reached a certain stage and now the time has come to step onto another ladder and start climbing to new heights. Maybe you are not at that stage yet, but rest assured it's already on the horizon and the time is coming
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

find a guy and get laid. Problem solved. Maybe one of the horny bastards on here can help.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    find a guy and get laid. Problem solved. Maybe one of the horny bastards on here can help.
    Yeah that's exactly what I need. Mindless sex. Might as well drink a whole bottle of whiskey or shoot some heroin into my veins while I'm at it. Those will make my problems go away, too.

Neo = nerd who can't read

And starbuck - you should considering getting a low-class job until you get everything fixed up again. Even if it's "embarrassing" or "low paying", it'll at least give you something to do. Trust me I'm in college right now, and I had... a "mental breakdown" and soon confined myself to my room. Soon I just didn't had anything else to do but eat and sleep. a semester wasted because of depression (because I just had it so many shit was happening then). I hated it too.

But on the bright side, you could start a new hobby you wanted to before getting a job, or do something to improve yourself. Set up some kind of goal so you could feel like you have a reason why you get up. When you had your job I bet it gave you a sense of importance that got taken away when you got laid off. That what eventually happened to me. I withdrew my classes and didn't have anything else to do till my semester was over. Time just doesn't feel like it exists anymore, so I just got on the computer, went to sleep, got on computer, went to sleep.

PS: Penis = bad at a emotional distress such as this, as right now your feeling insecure and more likely to fall in love with a man for being with you even if he is just a asshole who only wanted to be with you long enough to bang you. Don't listen to the clit! lulz it'll just put you in the emotional hole more

listen to the dildo if you have urges :3
    Last edited by Zatguy; 19-10-08 at 08:43 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Move down to New Orleans so we can hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Yeah that's exactly what I need. Mindless sex. Might as well drink a whole bottle of whiskey or shoot some heroin into my veins while I'm at it. Those will make my problems go away, too.
    I call dibs on starbuck!

Don't want to come off as an asshole. But are you looking for a job? If I were in your position my new job would be out every single day looking for one.

Zatguy says:

"Neo = nerd who can't read"

choke on a dick, you f*ckface. I assure you I'm less of a nerd than you and I did read what starbuck wrote. Sex relieves stress, improves health, boosts self-esteem, and helps you sleep better. So explain how my advice doesn't pertain to the OP.

Maybe you should consider doing some sort of volunteer work (soup kitchen, or something) a couple of times a week until you find another job. It would give you something to do, get you out of the house, and make you feel better about yourself.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i suggest that you go with either the drugs or drinking...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I imagine you're lightly depressed, Starbuck. Totally not unexpected under the circumstances. Just don't let it run away on you & make sure you are doing something everyday to help yourself.

While I think some of the distractions mentioned might help temporarily, my advice would be to only focus attention on things that will eventually help you in your next job. Take this time to hit your library and read up on new books in your field?

Perhaps you should attend a local Chamber of Commerce or other networking event. The cost is usually low & you will make networking contacts. Breakfast ones are usually reasonable.

Also, have you given your resume to headhunters yet? That may help. Cast your net wide (i.e. out of state/country), you never know.

A part time job is a possibility while you are looking. So long as its fairly brainless & won't distract you from your job hunt.

You'll be fine. Chin up!

I like the volunteering idea, shh. It might make me feel somewhat productive during this time. I just wasn't at all prepared for this to happen to me. Maybe I should have had a game plan set up just in case it did. But I guess it doesn't matter now.

This coming week is when I'm really going to hit the pavement, so to speak. I had been somewhat sending out my resume and following up leads this last week, but it was tough to put all of my energy into it since I still had some turnover work to do, not to mention stuff like making sure my corporate card had no outstanding charges on it, updating my resume and portfolio, packing all my work samples up (I had five boxes worth of stuff which I now have to unpack). I had an overwhelming about of stuff to take care of before I could even call a headhunter. Now that all of that's done, I feel like I can jobhunt hardcore this week which makes me feel more positive.

I am fighting a mildly depressed feeling though. I think I was just really blindsided by this.

don't stress starbuck everything will be fine. ::hugs::
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i suggest that you go with either the drugs or drinking...

raverboy
    LOL, raver. The drinking would be bad. I am not a good drinker. I get hungover very easily and tend to drunk dial people that I shouldn't, like the sloth. I seriously need to hide my phone when I drink.

I'm not a drugs person either. Guess I need to go with the penis. It's my only vice left.

I think you'll feel a lot better when your day has more structure to it. Hang in there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast