+ Follow This Topic

Thread: two month but still deny the break up thing ?

two month but still deny the break up thing ?

So here is the thing. I am confused. My bf broke up with me for almost 2 months. I still feel the hurt but get better and better I guess. But the thing is,whenever my friends ask about this, like how it is going with you BF, I am like, yeah, we are ok.. Or some guys interest in me, but I am like: you know what, I have boyfriend, something like that.

I don't know. I can figure out why I always blow out this kind of thing. I just cann't accept the break up thing emotionally? It's so STUPID that I still feel that we are boyfriend and girlfriend after we BREAK UP!!! I don't know why. It doesn't make any sense at all. BUT I still feel that he is my BOYFRIEND!! wHY IS THAT??

Any one can help me out? Do you guys also have this kind of experience??

Sounds like you're in denial about the breakup, Moon. It's not stupid, you're just used to thinking of you as in a couple rather than single, and my guess is, you don't want to let that feeling go.

Did you let yourself cry and get angry after the breakup? There was something shh posted a while back about the emotional stages one goes through after a breakup. Maybe if you skipped a stage, it's causing you to do this.

You should at least tell your friends that the two of you broke up. You'll need them for support once you actually start coming to terms with it.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I used to be in denial with my ex mainly because I always knew we'd get back together. I also didnt want to believe that it was over so I told myself we were still together. Now, I've finally let go and it feels better than being in denial. Being single feels pretty good right now.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

i feel the same way. i don't know why, i always feel that we can get back together. like an intuition. i don't know why.

Stop pretending!
    Your fooling yourself!

Tell everybody the truth.
    Anyways, nothing will be lost if you'd tell.

Don't let yourself be stuck with your boyfriend.
    Don't Get Me Wrong

Yeaps! LadieNisha4u2nv's hit the right spot! Sub consciously you still think there is a chance of patching up. YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT. But you might also be wrong. So since you cannot tell which is going to be for sure, tell people what you know for sure....NOW!

NOW = You are no longer with him.

How long have you guys been going out anyway? Why that kinda attachment?

Listen, letting people know you're single, doesn't cross out the chance of you guys getting back together. Doesn't cross out the chance of you guys never getting back together as well. But telling the truth sure will keep you sane and gives you a healthier mental state.

I don't want to know of the cause of why you guys broke up. But many people falls deeper into pain and gets weaker and deteriorate after they broke up. The thing that is right to do is BUCK UP!

If you're in school, study hard and smart. If you're at work, work hard and smart. Get something done. A break up calls for improvement not deterioration. You can call it denial, but it's very much lying. And lying isn't going to help you get better.

Face your fears, tell the truth. Be strong and face it. Pick up yourself and do something beneficial. Don't think about the relationship.

Oh, sometimes the funny part about relationship is in the process of you doing better and better after break ups, two possible thing might happen.
    One; your ex notices and starts to fall in love with you all over again ( But then you might be so good you don't want them back )
    Two; Someone better falls in love with you in the process.

There's a third actually, when one and two doesn't happen. What's for sure is, YOU GET BETTER AND BETTER AND WISER.

Either way, there's more to gain than to lose. So why not?

The truth shall set you free they say.
    Many goes into a relationship with this thought " Oh how wonderful this man/woman is going to be".

That is waiting to receive or hoping to. Love should be " Oh I could just imagine the things I will do for this man/woman "

If love is the former, lovers will be meeting each other greeting `Hi Darling, You Love me' rather than `Hi sweetie, I love you'.